State Surplus Tops $2B
- City comptroller at forum. // Crain's New York Business;06/09/97, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p24
Focuses on a discussion to be conducted by New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi concerning the city's budget and the local economy. Venue of the discussion.
- New York. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p29
Expects New York City to have a budget surplus by the end of fiscal 1998. Release of a report on the city budget by Comptroller Alan Hevesi; Amount of reserve funds maintained by the city.
- Surpluses reported. // State Government News;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the budged surpluses of several states across the United States for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2000. Amount of the surpluses.
- The nation: Now the fight. // BRW;10/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the debate on how the Australian federal budget surplus should be spent.
- The nation: NSW surplus. // BRW;10/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p15
Reports on the budget surplus of New South Wales for 2002-2003.
- Hevesi OKs Yonkers budget with reservations. Archer, Rick // Westchester County Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p11
Reports that New York state comptroller Alan Hevesi has certified Yonkers' 2004-2004 budget with reservations. Hevesi's comment that the city used one-shot revenues and borrowing; Hevesi's claim that the city lack long-term financial planning; Mayor Philip Amicone's proposed budget.
- Hevesi: N.Y.'s Troubled Erie County Needs Oversight, Deficit Borrowing. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p1
This article informs that Erie County, New York will need a combination of deeper budget cuts, tax increases, deficit financing, and a state oversight board to avert insolvency as it stares down a $118.5 million gap in its current $1.1 billion budget. New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi said...
- Economic storm clouds hover at the NHCC. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/20/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 35, p13
Comments on the threat to the stability of the budget in Nassau County, New York. Audit work of State Comptroller Alan Hevesi of the Nassau University Hospital's compensation of officers and non-union employees; Financial management of the university hospital; Built-in deficit resulting from...
- Comptroller's address. // Crain's New York Business;3/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p17
Reports that Alan Hevesi, New York city Comptroller will discuss the city's budget and his political future at the Crain's New York Business's breakfast forum on March 28 1996. Names of forum's sponsor; Location of the breakfast.