Delaware's Gov. Minner Mum on Highway Privatization Proposal
- Delaware Officials Start on 2005 Budget. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p4
Reports that the Bond Bill Committee of Delaware will start work on the state's capital budget for fiscal 2005. Rise in revenues from abandoned property; Budget proposal by Governor Ruth Ann Minner; Debt service on outstanding bonds.
- Corporate Franchise Tax Gives Delaware a $24 Million Bonus. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p29
Reports on the generation of $24 million bonus revenue through introduced corporate franchise tax in Delaware during the fiscal year 2004. Total amount to be collected in the state through the introduced tax; Plans of Ruth Ann Minner, governor of the state, to utilize the additional revenue;...
- Shortfall Strategy: Debt Boost, Fee Hikes. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, Special section p22
The article focuses on the effort of Delaware to generate funding for its transportation projects. Several options have been considered by the state. These include privatization of public road but did not gain voters' support, increase in state's debt-issuing capability, and fee increases....
- Delaware Governor Unveils $3B Budget for Fiscal 2007. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p4
The article reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner released her fiscal 2007 budget plan. The following details were included in the plan: a proposed $402.1 million capital budget and a call for the issuance of $157.6 million in general obligation bonds. Minner also proposed to re-examine...
- Delaware Governor Signs $2.39 Billion Budget for FY2003. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p29
Reports the signing of the operating budget for the year 2003 by Delaware governor Ruth Ann Minner. Effectivity of the proposed budget; Implementation of the across-the-board budget cuts and a three-month hiring freeze; Details on the total amount of the operating funds.
- Delaware's Governor Announces More Cuts. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p6
Reports on the announcement of additional cuts for the fiscal budget by Governor Ruth Ann Minner in Delaware.
- Delaware's Governor Signs Fiscal 2002 Capital Budget. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p3
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner has signed into law the state's 436.2 million capital budget for fiscal 2002. Issuance of 118.2 million of general obligation bonds; Amount of the overall budget and the bond authorization.
- Delaware Finds Unexpected $47.1M Of Revenue in Property Settlement. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p6
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner announced an unexpected 47.1 million dollar abandoned property settlement as of January 14, 2003. Details of the settlement; Utility of the settlement in compensating the state's budget deficit; Bond premium received by the state from a competitive...
- Delaware Governor Cuts Current Budget by $24 Million. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p32
Reports on the order given by the Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner to the state agencies to trim the 2002-2003 budget in response to reduced revenue projections. Request made by Minner to states agencies to present lists of possible cuts to the budget; Budget cuts for administrative costs of...