Treasury Counsel Stephen Watson Moves on to Fulbright & Jaworski
- Treasury's new attorney-adviser faces busy agenda. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30776, p1A
Reports on key bond-related items in the United States Internal Revenue Service and Department of the Treasury's business plan facing Stephen Watson, the department's incoming attorney-adviser for tax-exempt bonds. Watson's background as a bond lawyer.
- Treasury Recruiting for BSA Panel. // Credit Union Times;2/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department is recruiting representatives from financial institutions to be members of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) panel in the U.S.
- Texas Firm Hires Merrill Estate Planner. // American Banker;3/24/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 45, p9
The article mentions that Fullbright & Jaworski law firm hired wealth transfer planner Glen Eichelberger as a partner.
- Treasury set to hire new top bond aide. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p2
Reports on former O'Melveny & Myers executive Stephen Watson's selection as attorney-adviser for tax-exempt bond matters for the United States Department of the Treasury. Watson's career in the bond industry.
- Unpublished private-activity rules may face more delays. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p1
Reports on the delay of the United States Internal Revenue Service's release of final refunding, allocation and accounting rules for private-activity bonds. Comments of Treasury Department official Stephen Watson on the timeframe for private-activity rules; Reaction of the American Bar...
- Aufhauser to Leave Treasury This Month. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;9/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 169, p16
The U.S. Treasury Department said Tuesday that David Aufhauser, its general counsel, would retire on September 30, 2003. Mr. Aufhauser played a key role in leading the Treasury's campaign against money laundering and terrorist financing. No official reason was given for his departure, but an...
- Fulbright Lures O'Melveny's Entire N.Y. Public Finance Group. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p6
Financial services company Fulbright & Jaworski LLP in June 2003 wiped out U.S.-based O' Melveny& Myers LLP public finance practice in New York by hiring all five of the attorneys that made up the group. The group switched to Fulbright& Jaworski because of more favorable opportunities. They have...
- Fulbright hires. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p27
Reports on the recruitment of two additional lawyers at Fulbright & Jaworski.
- Fulbright Brings On School Specialist in Houston. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;4/18/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33501, p8
The article announces that Marcus Deitz was appointed as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and disclosure counsel of Fulbright & Jaworski LLP.