- HAMMER DRILLS: Ergonomic Handles. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/12/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 23, p39
The article focuses on Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp.'s electric drills. Two new hammer drills, models 5381 and 5387, have optimized balance and ergonomics, two-finger trigger and soft-grip handles to reduce vibration. Both have an efficient motor and a durable metal gear case that withstands...
- Killer Driller. Fischer, Max // Popular Science;Mar2012, Vol. 280 Issue 3, p13
The article discusses the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Drill/Driver.
- Drills -- cordless. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2003, p242
Focuses on ratings assigned to various cordless drills. Basis behind ratings of drills; Features of drills; Cost of drills.
- Cordless Drills and Drivers. Maxwell, Steve // Mother Earth News;Summer2006 Special Issue, Issue 215A, p110
This article provides information on cordless drills and drivers. There are three main types of drills and drivers on the market. Ordinary drills have a chuck that grips drill and driver bits of various sizes. Better models spin both clockwise and counterclockwise at varying speeds. Drill driver...
- DRIVE TIME. Prochnow, Dave // Popular Science;Feb2008, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p79
The article discusses how to use quick-charging supercapacitors to fix a dead electric screwdriver. Large-storage supercapacitors power up via a computer's USB port and can recharge an electric drill in about a minute and a half. The author states that each charge only lasts a couple of minutes...
- Tools Menu. Mangum, Aja // New York;4/25/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p59
Features several hand drills. Physical description of the hand drill from Hilti Inc.; Features of the drill from Makita USA Inc.; Advantage of the drill from Barbara K! company.
- The Drive Way. Berendsohn, Roy // Popular Mechanics;Dec2004, Vol. 181 Issue 12, p116
The article reports on the development of the iXo little cordless driver/drill. The palm-size tool is powered by a lithium-ion battery delivers the same performance as a nickel-cadmium battery but is half the size and weight. Forward and reverse arrows on top of the tool glow to indicate the...
- PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2011, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p52
The article offers brief information on several power tools including the M18 Cordless 7/8-in. SDS Plus rotary hammer from Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp., the Gen 2 line of drills from Bosch Tools and the T&B crimping tool from Thomas & Betts Corp.
- The Low Down on Cordless Drills. Lord, Noelle // Old House Journal;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p46
Provides basic information regarding cordless drills. Types of cordless drill; Technical specifications for cordless drills; Rechargeable batteries for cordless tools; Warranty; Prices.