Hybrid Vehicle Rescue Tools
- Cutting Torch Operations. KENNEY, THOMAS F. // Fire Engineering;Mar2014, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p153
The article offers information on the cutting torch, a rescue tool used in fire service. Topics discussed include the basic principles of operating the torch, the components of a cutting torch, and the steps for cutting. Also discussed are the four types of cutting positions most commonly used,...
- MANUFACTURERS BY PRODUCT CATEGORY. // Fire Engineering;Jan2012, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p123
The article presents a directory of fire engineering manufacturers organized by product categories, including air bags, portable ladders, and water rescue equipment.
- Rescue rope: Lifeline vs. the bottom line. Dean, Chuck // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p61
Highlights a test conducted by a fire department to quantify rope degradation and safety factor. Suitability of ropes used for rescue within the fire service; Reuse of ropes due to budgetary constraints; Average breaking strength; Use of data for risk management decisions.
- Defibrillator grants for qualifying volunteer squads and departments. // Fire Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 152 Issue 4, p40
Announces the availability of defibrillator grants worth up to $1,000 through the Prudential 1999 Helping Hearts Program to volunteer rescue squads and fire departments. Qualifications.
- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p130
The article features fire trucks from several fire departments in the U.S. The Houston, Pennsylvania Fire Department has a Pierce pumper with 179 inch wheelbase for small rural areas with narrow streets. The Kalona, Iowa Fire Department's Alexis rescue truck has enough storage, provides a safer...
- Storage pipes. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p99
Offers tips on how to customize storage pipes to accommodate tools in fire departments. Materials and supplies; Advantages of using storage pipes.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICE/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p154
Features several fire equipment and supplies. Availability of the book 'Fireground Strategies,' by Anthony Avillo; Development of HT2 Search/Tag Line from Industrial Energy Products; Introduction of Centaur Cen 12VBP DC Backpack Power Unit from Hurst Jaws of Life.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p110
Features several equipment and supplies for fire departments. Rear mount pump from Hale Products Inc.; Pump panel from Class 1; Ranger helmet line from Chieftain Safety Manufacturing; Features and functions; Contact information.
- CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF SAVING LIVES. // Fire Engineering;May2013, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p118
An evaluation is presented of rescue work equipment and supplies produced by Hale Products Inc. including the Hurst Jaws of Life cutting tool and the eDRAULIC product line of electric-hydraulic tools.