- Small Pumps Pack a Big Punch. Cavette, Chris // Wildfire;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
The article describes lightweight portable pumps that are suitable for fire departments' use. The Darley 2BE, Hale Fyr-Flote and the Waterous Floto-Pumps are three of the highest-flowrate pumps. The Wildfire Mark 3 pump is suitable for wildland firefighting. The Wick 250 has a versatile...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p208
The article reports on equipment which is being used by various fire departments. A pumper which is used by the fire department in Alsip, Illinois is discussed, as is a pumper which was designed by the fire department in Concord Township, Indiana. Rescue boats which have been purchased by the...
- Beyond Brush Trucks. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p88
The article describes key features found on the enhanced versions of grown-up interface pumpers used in fighting wildfires. The chassis, cab, pump, tank, foam, hose, monitors, ladders, lighting, support and global positioning systems of the pumpers are described. The interface pumpers have short...
- DARLEY UNVEILS NEW PRODUCTS. // Fire Engineering;Apr2015, Vol. 168 Issue 4, Special section p3
The article evaluates several products from the Darley including the Porpoise floating pumps, the 2BE18VX Base Model portable pump, and the Smart Start wireless remote portable pump control.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p121
The article features several products and services relating to fire fighting, including the LED Rocker Switch from Cole Hersee Co., the FoxFury dual-action light emitting diode (LED) area light and spotlight, and the Onboard Mobile Gateway from In Motion Technology.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Feb2004, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p129
Features equipment and supplies for firefighting. Fire Research Corp.'s "2004 Lighting Catalog"; Disposable toxicological agent protective system (DTAPS) Personal Protective Ensembles from Geomet Technologies LLC; Hazmatshower.com's portable PRO 70 Vent; "Ignition Handbook," from Fire Science...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p134
The author reports on fire fighting equipment which is being used by fire departments throughout the United States. The various pieces of equipment which are discussed in the article include a quick attack/ medical rescue unit, a air/light truck manufactured by SVI Trucks Inc. and a pumper which...
- Apparatus Upgrades: Refurbishment of New? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p49
Presents a guideline in refurbishing the apparatus for fire extinction. Levels of refurbishment; Caution in checking different parts of the apparatus; Considerations on whether a device needs an upgrade.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p151
The article evaluates several fire engines from various fire departments in the U.S. including the Smeal pumper from Fire District 8 in Laramie County, Wyoming, Ferrara pumper designed by the Fire Rescue Department in Gila Bend, Arizona and the American Lafrance pumper from Richmond Engine 1 in...