- Relay Pumping: Going Digital. Shoap, Stephen // Wildfire;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on the improvement of relay pumping in fire distinguishing. It notes that relay pumping can provide water over long distances but the equipment demands continuous monitoring of flows and pressures at each booster pump. It mentions that a networking engineer has created a...
- Pump Size Really Does Matter. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p10
The article looks at the benefits of buying a big fire pump for fire departments in the United States. These include the following: better Insurance Services Office ratings for fire departments; improved water supply; ability to handle large fires; capacity for future growth and excellent resale...
- DEDICATED TO INNOVATION. // Fire Engineering;May2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p153
The article presents a corporate profile for Hale Products Inc., a U.S.-based fire and rescue equipment company with seven business units located throughout the world. The company was founded in 1914 by three Pennsylvania firefighters, and has grown for the last 92 years from manufacturing fire...
- PUMP SCHOOL & CAFS ACADEMY. // Fire Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p7
The article announces that firefighting equipment manufacturer Darley will be offering two classes to educate its employees on the design and construction of pumps and on the maintenance and operation of compressed air foam systems (CAFS).
- Selecting fire pumps. VAUGHN, ALLYN J.; REYBURN, RICK // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 11, pDE-1
The article offers tips for selecting and operating fire pumps. It suggests understanding the two primary types of fire pumps, which are electric and diesel-powered pumps, learning the codes and standards, such as the standards from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and defining...
- FIRE PUMPS: THE INVISIBLE FIREFIGHTER. Blossom, David R. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p79
Provides information regarding fire pumps. Origin of fire pumps; Functions of fire pumps; Basic fire pump installations; Fire pump installation components; Basis sources of water supply for fire pumps; Benefits of using fire pumps to improve fire protection water supplies; Testing and...
- Different Applications - Different Pumps. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, special section p3
Focuses on the different applications of Darley's pumps. Fire boats; Foam trailers; Dewatering for the United States Coast Guard and Navy; Riot control vehicles; Snow making; Irrigation; Water transfer; Deicers; Ranch and farm applications.
- Product Showcase. // Fire Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p124
The article evaluates several products related to fire fighting including IN-Ground Exhaust Removal System from Inger Dog Inc., Twin Impeller Portable Fire Pump from CET, and Four Wheel Drive Fire Rescue Vehicle from Spartan Chassis, and provides information about their features.
- FIREFIGHTING THROUGH THE AGES. Graf, Christine // Appleseeds;Nov2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
The article presents information on the background and methodology of firefighting. Hundreds of years back, firefighters used tools that were simple and hand-operated. Firefighters used to extinguish fire with buckets of water and wooden pumps. Steam-driven fire pumps came into use in Europe and...