- Decon Foam. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p6
The article focuses on compressed-air foam systems from Intelagard Inc. that can be used to decontaminate equipment, vehicles and infrastructure. The systems have been tested with DF200, Reformulated Decon Green, radiological and nuclear tracking and decon formula, hot and cold soapy water and...
- Storage pipes. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p99
Offers tips on how to customize storage pipes to accommodate tools in fire departments. Materials and supplies; Advantages of using storage pipes.
- GASOLINE-OXYGEN CUTTING TORCH. Coon, Jay // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p94
Discusses the advantages of the gasoline-oxygen torch as a steel cutting tool for fire departments in the U.S. Limitations of oxygen-acetylene cutting torches; Reduction in operating costs; Logistics-related advantages offered by gasoline-oxygen steel cutting torches.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Nov2007, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p176
The article presents a comparison of fire department equipment including the Visible localization system from Smoke Trainer, CAFS module from Odin Foam, and NFPA-compliant grab rail from Havis-Shields Equipment Corp.
- DOING MORE WITH LESS. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the use of compressed-air foam systems (CAFS) to fight fires more effectively by the fire department in Harris Township in Saint Joseph County, Indiana. According to John Vance, chief of the Harris Township fire department, foam solution that resulted from the batch mixing...
- Cutting Torch Operations. KENNEY, THOMAS F. // Fire Engineering;Mar2014, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p153
The article offers information on the cutting torch, a rescue tool used in fire service. Topics discussed include the basic principles of operating the torch, the components of a cutting torch, and the steps for cutting. Also discussed are the four types of cutting positions most commonly used,...
- Crimping Tool. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p88
The article focuses on the Pressmaster Mobile Crimp Tool from Waytek Inc. The tool is designed to give the user full visibility of the crimping process. It includes removable dies that can be customized along with an easy-access release function that permits fast and simple exchange of dies. The...
- Hybrid Vehicle Rescue Tools. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p11
The article features the Cen SC14 Fi combination tool and the Cen C9 Fi cutter from Hurst Jaws of Life. The tools' electrical current insulation offers extra safety for rescuers when cutting charged parts of all kinds. These are safer for an object voltage of 1,500 volts DC or 1,000 volts of AC...
- `Spirit of Miami'. Fisher, James A. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p58
Presents equipment used by the Fire-Rescue Department in Miami, Florida. Navistar International chassis; Allison automatic transmission; Telma electro-magnetic brake retarder; Compartments.