Responding Behind Closed Gates
- Split city. Roy-Sole, Monique // Canadian Geographic;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p104
Presents several photographs of people and places in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Highway that divides the city between Alberta and Saskatchewan; Letter carrier Josi Cooper; Todd Gustavson, chief of the fire department in Lloydminster.
- Mayor. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/12/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p14
The article outlines the author's ongoing and upcoming goals as mayor of the City of Bulverde in Texas. The ongoing goals include the expansion of Highway 46 and the replacement of missing street signs. The upcoming goals include the purchase of electronic permitting software and for the Fire...
- 50 Years Ago. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/31/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p7
The article informs about several developments that took place on April 1, 1960 including construction of new roads and recreational facilities by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, declaration of April 4-9, 1960 as the Clean-Up week in Whitney, Texas and the goal of Whitney Fire Department of...
- RURAL FIRE DEPARTMENT TOURS. Davis, Stanford E. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the importance of touring roads in districts by fire departments in rural areas. Search for old lanes and logging roads; Attention to water supplies; Problems created by private bridges for the rural fire department.
- IoD poll gives public sector a poor rating. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;2/20/2004, p13
Reports on the results of a survey on public sector services in Great Britain. Rating given by respondents to councils' administration of the planning process; Level of satisfaction with the quality of road and highways maintenance; Performance of business rate administration and town hall's...
- Free at last! Corbett, Bill // Canadian Geographic;Feb/Mar90, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p32
Describes Banff, Alberta as Canada's first town in a national park to gain self-government. Offset of cheap rents and subsidized services; Repair of potholes in roads; Complaints on taxes and land rates; Establishment of a fire department, town offices and sewage plants in the town.
- A festival of firehouses. Smith Jr., H.L. // Architectural Record;Mar1988, Vol. 176 Issue 3, p110
A sampling of photographs by Lisa Clifford for a recent exhibit of firehouses built over the last century, for the grand opening of New York City's Firehouse Museum.
- Public-private partnership. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;1/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p8
Reports that The Naperville Fire Department accepted a delivery vehicle which allows it to respond to specialized situations that require special equipment not normally owned by fire departments. What the department has done.
- What's in a name? Sachs, Gordon M. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p127
Discusses the need to match the name and functions of fire departments to reflect their overall mission that has components beyond the function of fire extinction. Fire department's specialties; Disadvantages of standing by fire departments' traditional name.