- Calibration and Profiling for Soft Proofing. Marin, Joseph // Printing Industries of America: The Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the basics of calibrating soft proofing displays to provide accurate representation of what the print should look like. The author mentions the liquid crystal displays (LCD) and light emitting diode (LED) displays which work well for soft proofing. He notes that soft...
- HIGH-BRIGHTNESS LED'S AGLOW FOR 2003. Steele, Robert V. // Electronic Design;1/6/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p78
Focuses on the performance of light emitting diodes (LED). Function of the liquid crystal display; Amount of emission from a single packaged device; Addition of yellow emitting phosphor to a blue LED.
- SOLID-STATE LIGHTING. Ramesh, Girish; Hempson, Kevin // ECN: Electronic Component News;Sep2013, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p30
The article presents an answer to a question of designing backlights for liquid crystal display television (LCD TV) displays with scrolling light emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Looking beyond LCDs. Druce, Chris // Electronics Weekly;10/9/2002, Issue 2071, p42
Describes organic light emitting diodes (OLED). History of the discovery of OLED; Advantages of OLED over liquid crystal displays; Use of OLED in inkjet printing; Future of the OLED technology.
- OLEDs are hot stuff. Kren, Lawrence // Machine Design;4/18/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display invented by the researchers at the Xerox Research Center of Canada (XRCC). Description of the OLED display; Comparison of OLED displays with liquid crystal displays; Details of the exploration of the OLED technology by the XRCC.
- LED Light Guides Evolve to Meet the Demands of Today's LCDs. DeAgazio, David // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p67
Discusses innovations in the light emitting diode (LED)-based light guides inorder to meet the demands of liquid crystal displays backlighting. Contrasts between light guides using printed and molded extraction features; Key factors to extract light uniformly and efficiently from the LED across...
- Edge-Lighting Simplifies LED Backlight Units for Large Screen LCD TVs. Hoepfner, Christian // LED Journal;May/Jun2008, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p22
The article highlights the use of edge-lighting as a novel approach to backlighting large-screen liquid crystal displays (LCD). It also explores the suggestion of utilizing fewer light emitting diodes (LED) to bring the benefits of red, green and blue (RGB)-based LED backlighting to...
- In Search of a Consistent Gray. SAUER, JEFF // Sound & Video Contractor;Dec2008, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses color temperature and how the display maintains it across a range of grayscales. The introduction of light emitting diode (LED)-backlit liquid crystal display (LCD) panels was driven by the desire of companies to create a pure white. LEDs can be calibrated to achieve the...
- Head-Mounted Displays Almost Here. Grossman, Steve // Electronic Design;10/02/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p36
Forecasts an increase in demand for head-mounted displays in the United States by 2005. Development of head-mounted displays based on microdisplay technology; Comparison of the liquid crystal on silicon and organic light-emitting diode display technologies.