- To protect and defend. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p70
Features several protective clothing to protect firefighters from flames and hazardous materials. Firefighting gloves; Boots; Technical rescue garments; Firefighting hoods.
- Turnout Gear. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p3
The article focuses on Reaxtion, a protective clothing for firefighters from Cairns Protective Clothing in the United States. It consists of the Axtion knee and seat, Axtion sleeve and the Collarbreak Attachment System.
- Firefighting Glove. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p3
The article focuses on Flame Fighters from Chiba Glove Co. in the United States. According to the manufacturer, the gloves last up to three times longer than standard leather fire gloves and are machine washable. The waterproof and bloodborne pathogen barrier follows through the complete glove...
- Firefighters Check Their Gear. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;10/3/2003, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p3
Presents information on the turnout gear of firefighters, the special clothing that keeps firefighters safe from fire. Components of the turnout gear.
- Standard for Cover. Mangan, Dick // Wildfire;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p4
The author addresses some of the standards for wildland fire personal protective equipment (PPE) and why they are important. The author discusses the highlights of the "Into the firestorm," a four-part series on the Discovery Channel," which offered insights into the work of wildland...
- New developments for firefighters' protective clothing. Rossi, René // Technical Textiles / Technische Textilen;Mar2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, pE45
Firefighters' protective clothing should protect the body from such external risks as heat, flames, chemicals and mechanical hazards, foul weather, etc. Nowadays, the protection provided by this equipment is usually sufficient. The goal of many new developments, therefore, is to improve the...
- Impact of Firefighter Protective Equipment and Firefighting Activity on Physiology and Biomechanics of Movement. Horn, Gavin // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2014, p235
The article discusses a presentation on studies conducted by the Illinois Fire Service Institute on the impact of firefighting personal protective equipment design and firefighters' ability to operate safely as well as its interaction with the stresses of firefighting.
- Blind Loyalty. Drennan, Vina // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p46
Reports on the blind loyalty among fire service workers in the U.S. Inaccuracy of crime statistics terms of arson-related blazes; Death of fire fighters due to the lack of protective gear; Challenge for the fire service to have zero tolerance for a line-of-duty death.
- BLOW-UP. Brady, Mark // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p76
Reports on the training program for fire service personnel in Maryland. Risk of burn-related injuries from the lack of personal protective equipment; Safety priority during emergency response; On-scene investigation of the fire explosion.