- Rethinking Emergency Air Management: The Reilly Emergency Breathing Technique. Reilly, Kevin J.; Ricci, Frank // Fire Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p185
The article discusses the factors that should be considered by U.S. fire departments in emergency air management. Those considerations include the routine check up of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), the volume of air bottle and firefighter's air consumption, and the use of alternative...
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION? Brown, Bob // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Nov2007, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p55
The article cites several respiratory protective devices. They include dust masks, considered to be the most basic type of respiratory protection. Another are the full-face respirators which are ideal when working around fumes or mists that may get into one's eyes. There are also self-contained...
- respiratory protection. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2014, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p89
The article offers information on products for respiratory protection at work including the 3M Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator System, OHD, Inc.'s FitTrackGold, version 188.8.131.52 software to operate the OHD Quantifit respirator fit tester, and Casella CEL's CEL-712 Microdust Pro dust monitor.
- FULL FACEPIECE RESPIRATOR. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p40
Features the QuickFit air purifying full-face respirator from industrial safety products manufacturer, AOSafety and available in the U.S. as of September 2004.
- SECTION 5: BREATHING AIDS. Silverstein, Alvin; Silverstein, Virginia; Silverstein, Robert // Respiratory System (9780805028317);1994, p68
This article discusses breathing aids. An oxygen mask delivers a gas mixture with a higher than usual concentration of oxygen from a gas cylinder. A ventilator pumps warm, moist air into the lungs through a tube passing through the trachea. A heart-lung machine includes a pump and can...
- mechanical ventilation:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p136
A definition of the term "mechanical ventilation," which is the process of exchanging air between lungs and atmosphere by artificial means, is presented.
- Molded respirators. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Sep2005, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p14
The article presents information about the new molded respirators from Gateway Safety Inc. PeakFit respirators feature pre-shaped, molded nose bridges with comfortable metal bands encased in foam. The N95 mask is latex-free and includes an adjustable cloth head strap.
- Escape Respirator. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p11
The article focuses on the Safe Escape respirator from MSA Inc. It features a canister containing a CBRN high-efficiency particulate filter and activated carbon. The device is compatible with long hair, glasses/eyewear and facial hair. It is a hood-style respirator and features inside-the-hood...
- FIRST BREATH. Wallace, Michael J. // Fire Chief;Oct2007, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p52
The article focuses on the importance of the use of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) in fire service. This SCBA has been used by firefighters to enter a structure to rescue victims and locate, confine and extinguish an interior fire. The detailed information about several SCBA devices...