- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p196
The article features apparatus delivery vehicle acquisitions by fire departments. The KME heavy rescue truck was purchased by the Peoria Fire Department in Illinois, to replace a smaller one. The Crash Rescue Equipment Service ARFF unit was acquired by the Washington D.C. Fire Department to...
- Fire Apparatus Operator Preventive Maintenance. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p42
Provides tips for preventive maintenance (PM) of fire apparatus. Coverage of the PM program; Frequency of PM inspection; Citations of the devices in the vehicles that needs to be ensured for safety.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;May2012, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p143
The article offers brief information on several firefighting apparatus including Response Marine rescue boat of Marbury, Maryland's 10th Distrcit Volunteer Department, SVI Trucks rescue vehicle of Merced County (CA) Fire Department and Pierce platform of Red White and Blue Fire Protection District.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2010, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p132
The article features fire trucks used by different fire and emergency departments including the Ferrara rescue-pumper from the Bossier City Fire Department of Los Angeles, California, the Rosenbauer rescue truck from the State of Georgia Emergency Management Authority, and the Pierce pumper from...
- Metal-handle hook with a pry bar end. Ciampo, Michael N. // Fire Engineering;Nov99, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the uses of a metal-handle hook with a pry bar end in fire fighting. Tool for opening up walls, ceilings, windows and roofs; Initial starter hole or purchase point for pulling ceiling or walls; Striking tool; Identification of soft roof areas; Pry or digging bar; Advantages and...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;May2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p111
Introduces fire fighting products and services in the United States. Grafix Shoppe's designs for marking fire apparatus; Auragen generators; R & B Manufacturing's angle indicators; Evolution thermal imaging cameras; Onspot's automatic chain kit; Micromax's multigas detector; Other products.
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p108
Introduces various firefighting equipment and supplies. Includes Electronic Fire Commander electronic pump controller and apparatus; Glass Cutter HGC 7 rescue tool; PAC III Personal Gas Monitor.
- 'Stealing' water with the water thief. Leihbacher, Doug // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the water thief, a type of manifold device similar to a wye gate, which is used in firefighting. Components; Uses; Operation; Water flow calculation.
- Products/services/media. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p104
Features various products, services and media used by fire departments in the United States. Includes Elkhart Brass Mfg. Co. Inc.'s `The Pipe Accessory'; Emergency One Inc.'s `Sentry II Pumper'; American Safety and Health Promotions, Ltd.'s `Flashy The Firedog and Fire Truck'.