- Crimping Tool. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p10
The article focuses on the Pressmaster Mobile Crimp Tool from Waytek Inc. The tool is designed to give the user full visibility of the crimping process. It includes removable dies that can be customized along with an easy-access release function that permits fast and simple exchange of dies. The...
- Storage pipes. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p99
Offers tips on how to customize storage pipes to accommodate tools in fire departments. Materials and supplies; Advantages of using storage pipes.
- Product services media. // Fire Engineering;Jun97, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p87
Provides information on various products for fire operation needs. Gate relief valve; Laser lamp; Gas-monitor; Suction hose; Iron sling; Fire gloves; Telescoping tripod lights; Trucks; Program software; Thermal imaging video camera; More products.
- Choosing the proper aerial device for your community. Morello, John P. // Fire Engineering;Oct97 Supplement Apparatus Showcase, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p3
Provides guidelines in choosing appropriate aerial device for a community and fire department. Importance of consulting with the mechanical staff; Information from `Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus;' Factors to consider before deciding on a type of aerial device; Others.
- Ground ladder placement. MITTENDORF, JOHN W. // Fire Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p59
Provides information on portable ground ladders as one of the most effective and versatile firefighting tools. Number of size-up considerations prior to selecting and spotting ground ladders; Review of common types of structures and general ground ladder placement considerations; Training tips...
- `Spirit of Miami'. Fisher, James A. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p58
Presents equipment used by the Fire-Rescue Department in Miami, Florida. Navistar International chassis; Allison automatic transmission; Telma electro-magnetic brake retarder; Compartments.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p81
Presents equipment deliveries for fire departments in the United States as of July 1995. Pumper from Pierce delivered at the Union Township Fire Department in New Jersey; Tanker from J.C. Moore Industries Inc. at the Shelburne Fire Company in Massachusetts; Attack pumpers from Master Body Sales...
- Getting the most from your pumping apparatus. Carlson, Gene P. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the considerations in the specification of pumping apparatus. History of pumping apparatus; Pump size specification in the 1991 edition of the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) 1901 `Pumping Fire Apparatus'; Versatility; Water tank size; Innovative concepts addressing the...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p73
Presents various fire prevention apparatus being used by different fire departments in the United States. Features and design of the equipment; Utilization of Emergency One pumper by the Williamson County Rescue Squad of Tennessee; Use of Darley pumper by the Idalou Fire Department of Texas;...