Above and Beyond
- Area fire departments and HSEM respond to storm emergencies. West, Bruce A. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p40
The article discusses how area fire departments and the Homeland Security Emergency Management (HSEM) respond to storm emergencies in Minnesota. An overview of the Northwest Regional fire meeting held by the Wadena Fire Department in Elizabeth, on July 15, 2010 is offered. The Regional Program...
- Curbing collusion. // Finance Week;9/1/2003, p42
Focuses on the impact of competitive pricing on the provision of health care in South Africa. Government strategy against collusion and price-fixing in medical care; Power of choice among consumers; Viability of medical schemes.
- Canadian confidence in health system falters. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;6/18/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p7
Examines the health care system in the United States. Health spending; National dialogue related to the Romanov Report on its health care system's condition and its future shape; Public health system; Restructuring of the hospital systems.
- Quality of Care Assessment: Its Role in the 1980s. Brook, Robert H.; Lohr, Kathleen N. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1981, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p681
The article reflects on the quality of medical care relative to public health. It mentions that costs are normally considered to be the first priority rather than the quality of medical care. It believes that the significance of preventing a level of cuts in medical services that would push the...
- State-Funded Comprehensive Primary Medical Care Service Programs for Medically Underserved Populations: 1995 vs 2000. Wilensky, Sara; Rosenbaum, Sara; Hawkins, Dan; Mizeur, Heather // American Journal of Public Health;Feb2005, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p254
Objectives. We analyzed responses to the 2000 Comprehensive Primary Medical Care programs for Medically Underserved Populations Survey and compared them with the 1995 survey results to identify trends. Methods. Surveys were mailed to all primary care program offices. State primary care program...
- Health care spending rises 4.6% in 2003. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/3/2004, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p325
Reports on the total health care spending increase in Canada in 2003. Highlights of a report made by the Canadian Institute for Health Information; Percentage of the country's gross domestic product represented by health care spending; Reason for the increase in health care spending.
- The cost of freedom. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p4
Looks at the role of fire departments in facing tactical ultraviolence in the United States. Assertion on the need for fire departments to cooperate with law enforcement, emergency management, hospitals, schools and other service providers to develop response mechanisms to deal with tactical...
- PAYING THE PIPER. Brush, Charles F. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p10
Examines the importance of informing the local community of the fire department's needs to safely, effectively and expeditiously provide emergency services. Need to educate the community regarding the levels and types of services provided; Breaking the negative perceptions of the community on...
- Fireplace fire damages local residence. MURRAH, JULIANNE // Graham Leader;1/19/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p1A
The article reports on the response of Graham Fire Rescue to an emergency call regarding a structure fire located at 730 Plum Street in Young County, Texas.