Peter Coffey Out in Legg Mason-Citigroup Reshuffling
- Legg Mason to Cut 8% of Work Force. // American Banker;12/8/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 235, p16
The article reports that Legg Mason Incorporated of Baltimore, Maryland has announced plans to cut approximately 200 jobs or 8% of its work force. The company hopes the layoffs will reduce its annual expenses by $120 million. According to the article, dismissals will be mainly in the U.S. The...
- Legg Mason replaces Johnston as lead manager on UK emerging fund. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;3/27/2003, p88
Reports on the replacement of John Johnston by Andrew Whaley as lead manager of Legg Mason Investors' emerging growth fund. Reason for the removal of Johnston; Closure of its Glasgow, Scotland office.
- Downsizing dilemma agonizing for stressed executive. Keller, Karen // Fort Worth Business Press;8/24/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p54
The article presents answers to questions raised by an executive who is in charge of the layoff decisions at the executive level for a large company.
- PEOPLE. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul2004, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p110
Reports on developments related to healthcare financial executives in the U.S. as of July 2004. Appointment of W. Randall Dunning as managing director of public finance of Legg Mason; Promotion of Robert Miller to chief financial officer at Coshocton County Memorial Hospital in Ohio.
- Gallagher quits Legg Mason. // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p5
Reports on the resignation of Keiran Gallagher as chief investment officer and European growth fund manager of Legg Mason Investments. Naming of Jeremy Knight to take over Gallagher's growth fund; Launch of Legg Mason's global opportunities bond fund managed by its affiliate Brandywine Asset...
- Treasurer replaces Bright Start minder. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that Illinois Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias has announced the change in firm that is administering the state's $2.1-billion Bright Start college-loan investment program. Presently, the program is being looked after by Legg Mason Inc. Legg Mason that will be replaced by...
- Blood From a Stone. Polyak, Iiana // Financial Planning;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p109
The article presents information on Brian Hess, manager at Legg Mason Inc.'s Brandywine Global Opportunities Bond, who is dealing with low U.S. yields on his funds. It informs that buying up 30-year bonds in Italy and 10-year notes in Portugal and Ireland led to the downfall. As per Hess, there...
- Legg Mason appoints CEO. Morris, Pamela // Money Marketing;2/21/2013, p24
The article announces the appointment of Joseph Sullivan as Legg Mason's president and chief executive officer (CEO).
- All investor eyes on busy proxy season. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;6/14/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p3
This proxy season has been the most intensely followed by investors and corporate executives, according to people in the institutional investor community. In all of last year, 172 shareholder proposals received a majority vote, or about 25% of the shareholder resolutions voted. Legg Mason Inc.,...