House Lawmaker Touts Plan To Promote Tax-Free Savings
- Give investors access to data. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/20/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 16, pP24
The author reflects on a bill being considered by the Nevada Legislature which would give investors greater access to the regulatory filings and other critical material on hard-money lenders.
- Taxation Notes. // Accountancy;May69, Vol. 80 Issue 909, p358
Presents updates on income tax developments outside Great Britain as of May 1969. Income tax bills that were approved in Australia; Abolishment of the temporary surcharge of 7 percent in companies in Argentina; Rates of company Tax in Morocco.
- Company reconstructions. // Accountancy;Aug1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1116, p42
Reports on an amendment to the Finance Bill that altered the calculation of the restriction of tax losses available to be carried forward to successor companies in Great Britain.
- Unclaimed Treasure. // Time;8/31/1962, Vol. 80 Issue 09, p33
The article offers information on the proposed bill which mandates the banking industry to disclose inactive accounts in Switzerland. The bill is introduced as a result of long prayer from Israel believing that huge fortunes are left in the Swiss banks by Jews after being executed in the gas...
- Lynch signs 1031 exchange tax fix. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;7/31/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p31
The article reports on the signing of the real estate exchange bill by State Governor John Lynch and its significance to several investors in New Hampshire.
- Legislation poses danger to investors. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;09/01/2000, p46
Discusses provisions of South African legislative bills, which analysts say pose dangers to investors in the country's financial services industry. Competition between local retail banks and foreign banks; Home Loan and Mortgage Bill; Credit scoring systems.
- Illinois "Corporate Loophole" Legislation (Senate Bill 1544) Sent to the Governor. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article reports that the Illinois Senate Bill 1544 has been sent by the General Assembly to the Governor on June 29, 2007. The changes made by this legislation to close several corporate loopholes in the Illinois Income Tax Act are discussed. The bill also provides an amnesty program for...
- Not Hedging Their Bets. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;6/30/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p54
The article focuses on the efforts of private equity firms and hedge funds in the U.S. to increase their lobbying efforts against a new tax legislation. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) formed a lobbying team led by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld. The House bill will raise income tax by managers...
- Michigan Enacts New Corporate and Individual Income Tax Regime. Conley, Terry; Acosta, Angie; Skiba, Steve; Bays, Bryan // Journal of State Taxation;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on the enactment of corporate income tax (CIT) and individual income tax in Michigan and the tax affiliate nexus provisions in Arkansas. It states that the legislative bills was signed by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder on May 25, 2011 for the enactment of CIT, which eliminates...