Katy Don't Bar the Bonds
- Munis Firm as Fed's Next Head Vows Continuity. Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p2
Reports on recent municipal bond offerings in the U.S. Total price for the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority revenue bonds; Bond yields for Independent School District in Conroe, Texas; Amount of priced bond of Garden State Preservation Trust.
- Muni Market Digests Week's CPS-Less Supply. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/1/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34452, p1
Municipal bond traders were finishing up their week's work, a substantially lighter-than-expected load after the week's calendar was reduced by $875 million when the Chicago Public Schools postponed its general obligation bond deal.
- Mecklenburg County, N.C., Offering Nearly $200M in VR Debt Tomorrow. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p3
The article reports on the plan of Mecklenburg County to sell variable-rate debt worth 197 million dollars in North Carolina. Part of the variable-rate debt will be sold by the Mecklenburg County Public Facilities Corp. while another part will be sold by the country itself. The proceeds will be...
- Munis Flat Ahead of $9.2B of New Supply. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;7/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34346, p1
Prices of top-quality municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, traders said, as the market gears up to take on this week's chunky new issue calendar after last week's busy dealings.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p20
Reports on bonds issued by cities and school districts in the United States in May 2000. Bonds issued by the City of Ankeny, Iowa, by Eastern Iowa Community College, Bay City School District in Michigan and others; Amount of bonds; Yield rates; Due dates; Other features.
- More area schools, cities issuing bonds. Stoffer, Jason // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the trend toward higher bond ratings and lower interest rates that allow more Detroit, Michigan schools to issue bonds. Total public debt issued in Michigan in 1998; Benefit of the issuance of more debt by school boards and municipalities to taxpayers.
- Ohio Voters Pass $700M of Job GOs; Michigan, Indiana OK School Debt. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;5/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33312, p32
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the approval of 700 million dollars worth of new-money general obligation (GO) bonds by Ohio voters to fund jobs program, the school bond requests approved by Michigan voters, and the approval to shift money from capital budget to general fund...
- The Disheartening Truth Behind 'Son of 26' Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p66
Criticizes Son of Prop. 26, a version of the Proposition 26 which aims to lower voter approval needed to pass school bonds in California to a semi-majority approval of 55 percent. Defeat of the first version last March 2000; Negative impact of the said movement on property owners whose taxes...
- Wake County, N.C., voters face largest school bond ever. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p27
Reports on the referendum on a general obligation school bond request by the government of Wake County, North Carolina. Polls' forecast of a slim margin of victory; Debt approval's potential in yielding funds; District's plan to absorb additional students; Comments from officials; Law makers...