More Money Available
- FEDERAL Budget: Round Two - We've Got to Come Out Fighting! // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/14/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the issue concerning the federal budget for Texas' exploration and production industry. It stresses on the need to focus more on providing enough budget to Intangible Drilling Costs, geologic and geophysical deductions, percentage depletions and domestic production...
- Building Treasury Systems. Potter, Barry H.; Diamond, Jack // Finance & Development;Sep2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the introduction of treasury systems by 14 of the 15 former republics of the Soviet Union. Components of building a treasury system; Less centralized approach in developing treasury functions; Problems on fiscal and expenditure management; Poor budget formulation; Remedy for the...
- N.Y. Budget Agreement Calls for Statutory Debt Reform. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30883, p32
Highlights the final agreement reached by New York State officials on the state's budget. Provisions to reform borrowing practices on a statutory rather than constitutional basis; Full funding for the Second Avenue subway project for Manhattan's East Side.
- Bulgaria: A Nice Tight Budget. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/6/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p17
Presents an update on the Bulgarian budget as of June 2005. Increase in budget surplus; Issues in the political scene that could affect fiscal policy; Value of fiscal reserve.
- Do Budget Institutions Matter? Mulas-Granados, Carlos; Onrubia, Jorge; Salinas-Jiménez, Javier // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p60
This paper studies the influence that the recently reformed budgetary institutions in the new EU member states may have had on their public finances. We test if their newly formed institutions have already started to shape their fiscal outcomes, as EU-15 institutions did in the past. To answer...
- D.C. Could Face $199 Million Budget Shortfall. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p3
Reports the importance of eliminating budget deficits in the achievement of a balance budget in Washington, D.C. Range of potential budget deficit; Factors threatening the fiscal budget; Need to exercise fiscal discipline to avoid deficits; Search for ways to resolve the city financial problem.
- Kenya: Spending A Budget Priority... // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/20/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Focuses on forecasted total public spending of Kenya in the fiscal year 2005 and 2006. Importance of the changes in the amount of public spending to the economy of the country; Estimate of the budget deficit target of the government of the nation; Implications of the trend in public spending...
- Fiscal policy. // OECD Economic Surveys: Netherlands;Jul2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 9, p69
Reports on the reform to the medium-term budgetary framework in the Netherlands. Cyclical deterioration in the general government budget balance; Call for sustainable approach to public finance; Level of social security and government expenditure.
- Fiscal policy: stabilisation and reform. // OECD Economic Surveys: Turkey;Jul2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 4, p67
Explores the fiscal policy of Turkey. Efforts to reform fiscal administration; Impact on debt and debt financing; Budget administration, control and transparency.