Schools Get Budget Boost
- Title 1 Funding Stats. // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p10
Reports on a finding by Quality Education Data (QED) that has found a total of $6.7 billion in Title I funding is available to public schools in the 1998-99 school year. The top five Title I funded states for the school year; The top five Title I funded school districts; Contact information.
- FEDERAL GRANTS. // Education Week;10/29/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p20
The article presents a list of federal grants given to various educational programs in the U.S. The National Endowment for the Humanities awards grants at quarterly meetings of its national council. The Humanities Projects in Museums and Historical Organizations will launch a high school student...
- Hispanic Colleges Get $6 Million in New Funds. // Community College Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p5
Announces the U.S. government's offers of grants for Hispanic-serving colleges and tribal colleges. Aim of the initiative; Terms of the new competition; Eligibility of applicants.
- Governors Still Wary of Federal Tobacco Cash Plans. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30584, p4
Reports on President Bill Clinton's expression of his willingness to compromise with the nation's governors on the use of funds from the states' settlement with tobacco companies. Clinton's agreement to give states more flexibility to spend federal education grants; Legislative proposals to...
- Grant Opportunity (Federal) - Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). // Learning Matters;10/14/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p8
The article offers information on the Federal grant funds of 2.5 million dollars awarded to the Minnesota Department of Education for providing technical assistance and high-quality professional development to local education agencies.
- Deadline approaches for Ronald W. Mitchell Travel Grant. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p39
Presents information on the Ronald W. Mitchell Travel Grant in 2001 which provides funding for teachers attending the International Reading Association Annual Convention for the first time. Who qualifies for the grant; Background on the travel grant.
- Cal Grant Program Off To a Slow Start. // Academe;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the shortcomings of Cal Grant, a scholarship program in California. Number of students who received grants in 2001-02; Types of Cal Grants; Problems with the program; Number of students disqualified for the program; Steps taken by the California Student Aid Commission to address the...
- DEADLINES. // Education Week;3/2/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p20
The article presents deadlines for the submission of applications for research grants awarded by various educational sectors in the U.S. The 37th Annual Coleman Chamber Ensemble Competition will be held from April 29-May 1, 1983 in Pasadena, California but deadlines for the submission for...
- GRANTS & Gifts. // Community College Week;10/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p17
Talks about grants, gifts and endowments received by universities and colleges in the U.S. Worth of technology equipment received by WorWic Community College from Verizon Maryland; Grants awarded to Moberly Area Community College in Missouri; Purpose of the grants presented to Northampton...