County OKs Jail Tax
- Proposed Young County tax rate would collect less. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;8/12/2015, Vol. 139 Issue 104, p1A
No abstract available.
- Corporate Average Effective Tax Rates and Inferences about Relative Tax Preferences. Wilkie, Patrick J. // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Fall88, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p75
Previous research on corporate average effective tax rates (ETRs) has consistently shown that ETRs vary across firms and over lime and has explained this finding solely in terms of the cross-sectional and intertemporal differences in firms' "tax preferences." This paper challenges the...
- Report: States Face Shortfalls in Income Tax Collections. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/13/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F323, p1
The article offers information that the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government, a government finance research institute, has reported shortfalls faced by U.S. states in personal income tax collections in 2014. Topics include a 7.1 percent decrease in personal income taxes during...
- DISTRIBUTIONAL ASPECTS OF TAX REFORM DURING THE PAST FIFTEEN YEARS. Okner, Benjamin A. // National Tax Journal;Mar79, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p11
Individual tax changes during the past fifteen years have reduced effective rates at all income levels; in fact, this study indicates we have enjoyed a de facto â€™overindexingÃ of the federal income tax during the period. Also, each of the past acts distributed a disproportionately...
- County's property tax rate remains same for fourth year. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;10/10/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 41, pA2
The article reports that the tax rate for the general fund of St. Charles County government in Missouri has remained unchanged for the fourth consecutive year, setting a general fund rate of sixteen hundredths of a cent per 100 U.S. dollar assessed valuation.
- Groundwater group adopts 2014 budget. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/21/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 34, p1A
The article reports on the move of the directors of the Central Texas Groundwater Conservation District, which adopted a proposed budget of $706,100 and reduced the tax rate to $.0098 from $.0099 for the 2014 fiscal year.
- ON THE OPTIMAL LEVEL OF TAXATION, BORROWING, AND GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURES. Grieson, Ronald E. // National Tax Journal;Jun75, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p251
This article focuses on the optimal level of taxation, borrowing and government expenditures. The question of optimal benefit-cost ratios for government projects and the second best social rate of discount are integrated with the selection of the optimal taxes and rates in order to optimize...
- A Congressional Control Model of Treasury Revenue Collection. Toma, Eugenia Froedge; Toma, Mark // Southern Economic Journal;Jul86, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p141
This paper attempts to develop a positive theory of tax collection in a democratic setting, where tax policy is an outcome of actions taken by a government consisting of bureaucrats and politicians. The bureaucrats of relevance in this case are members of the treasury, and the politicians are...
- Hill County budget, tax rate set. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/10/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p1
The article informs that the budget funds for public works and tax rate of Hill County, Texas has been set by the County's Commissioners during a meeting that was held on September 25, 2012.