Gardner Carton Taps New Partner for N.Y. Office
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Lawyer;1/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p5
The article presents news related to law firms.The article presents information related to law firms. Jane Bevan has been elevated to the position of general counsel at IT and outsourcing company Capgernini. Chicago firm Gardner Carton & Douglas has set up office in Boston firm with two...
- Four lawyers change venue. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;3/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the transfer of several healthcare lawyers from Gardner Carton & Douglas to McDermott, Will & Emery in Chicago, Illinois. Bernadette Broccolo; Ralph DeJong; Michael Peregrine; William Roach.
- The night shift. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/25/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p24
The article discusses the night working schedule of lawyers at Chicago-based Gardner Carton & Douglas LLP. The copy room on the 32nd floor is the equivalent of a small-town post office, even at night. Late nights and early mornings are the only times the firm's chairman, Harold Kaplan, can work...
- Situations Wanted. // ABA Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p52
The article presents the profile of several lawyers who have lost their jobs due to the ongoing financial crises. Lawyer Jason J. Goitia completed his law education from the University of Chicago Law School in Chicago Illinois and has worked with several companies including Goldman Sachs & Co....
- Gardner Carton & Douglas Names Harold Kaplan to Be New Chairman. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p7
Reports that Gardner Carton and Douglas LLP has announced that it has tapped Harold L. Kaplan to be its new chairman. Description of Kaplan's career as head of Gardner Carton and Douglas LLC corporate restructuring and financial institutions group.
- Illinois Bond Counsel Moves to Altheimer & Gray. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p34
Reports the transfer of William Corbin and two other lawyers from Gardner, Carton & Douglas to Altheimer and Gray in Chicago, Illinois. Reasons for the transfer of employees; Effects of the transfer on Gardner; Enumeration of other employees transferring to other firms.
- CHICAGO OBSERVER. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p46
Reports on developments about business enterprises in Chicago, Illinois as of February 5, 2001. Potential deal between the Chicago Board of Trade and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange; Gardner Carton & Douglas' move to 'de-equitize' unproductive partners; Resignation of investment banker Michael...
- U.S. Bancorp Taps Paul as CCO, Manzoni as Counsel. // Money Management Executive;8/9/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p4
U.S. Bancorp Asset Management Inc. has appointed Charles Manzoni as general counsel and Doug Paul as chief compliance officer. Manzoni previously worked for Gardner Carton & Douglas LLP, which until recently was the independent counsel for the mutual funds advised by U.S. Bancorp. The firm has...
- New Burnett USA chief revamps creatives' roles. Arndorfer, James B.; Halliday, Jean // Crain's Chicago Business;7/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p8
This article presents information, related to personnel management in various business enterprises of Illinois. Leo Burnett USA Inc.'s new CEO is reorganizing the agency as longtime top creative executive Cheryl Berman prepares to step down. Tom Bernardin, who took the top job at the Chicago,...