Federal Cost of Muni Tax Exemption Expected to Hit $36.9B in '07
- New Budget Contains Mostly Warmed-Over Savings Plans. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p5
Reports on the budget plan of President George W. Bush for fiscal 2006 in the U.S. Savings plans competitive with municipal bonds; Enactment of the Liberty Zone tax benefits as part of the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002; Authorization of tax-exempt private activity bond financing.
- Tax Relief Act brings educational provisions. Vannierop, Deborah // Inside Tucson Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18
Discusses tax provisions for education included in the 2001 Tax Relief Act signed by United States President George W. Bush. Annual contribution for each child's education; Prepaid tuition plans; Student-loan interest deductions; College costs.
- Bush Stimulus Plan Nears, With Effect on Munis Unknown. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p34
Reports on the possibility of a negative impact of U.S. President George W. Bush's administration economic stimulus plan on municipal bonds. Possible inclusion of a partial dividend tax-exemption proposal in the plan; Disadvantages of the proposal to municipal bond market; Exclusions from the...
- Muni Market Fears Competition From Bush Tax-Free Savings Plans. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports on the apprehensions of the U.S. Municipal Bond Market from the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed tax-free savings account plan. Outline of the plan; Reasons behind the apprehensions; Possible difficulties in implementation of the plan.
- Bush and the 50 Beggars. Kettl, Donald F. // Governing;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p14
Evaluates the tax proposals of U.S. President George W. Bush, citing its implications on state and local governments in the country. His plan to restructure the federal tax system; Failure of states to manage their spendings during the economic boom in the 1990s; Possibility that the Bush tax...
- Water Bonds Unlimited. McConnell, Alison L.; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32562, p1
The article reports on the provision of the 2008 budget proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush which allows states to issue an unlimited amount of private-activity bonds for water infrastructure. The budget is designed to repeal the private-activity bond volume cap for bonds issued for water...
- Bush Seeks New School Volume Cap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p1
Reports on United States President-elect George W. Bush's proposal to create a public-private partnership program that would allow school districts to issue tax-exempt private-activity bonds that are exempt from states' bond volume caps for school construction and repair. Comparison of the plan...
- Muncipal Debt: Cost of Tax Exemption to Treasury Pegged at $28.9 Billion. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p5
Reports on the fiscal 2003 budget estimates made by the U.S. President George W. Bush. Cause for the revenue loss in fiscal 2003; Impact of the private activity bond volume cap on the tax exemption for interest paid of all municipal bonds; Increase in the cost of tax exemption for all bonds in...
- First Couple Report No Interest From Tax-Exempt Bond Holdings. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p3
Reports the lack of interest of president George W. Bush and wife Laura Washington from tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. Release of the bare-bones details of the first family's tax returns for 2001; Lack of investment in tax-exempt securities; Amount of adjusted gross income.