Mecklenburg County, N.C., Offering Nearly $200M in VR Debt Tomorrow
- NEW YORK: Law School ARS Conversion. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p9
The article reports on the plan of New York Law School to convert its outstanding auction-rate securities into variable-rate demand bonds before end of November 2008. According to a resolution passed by the issuer's board, the conversion will trigger a mandatory tender on the bonds and will...
- Katy Don't Bar the Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p29
The article reports that the Katy Independent School District has called a bond election for May 13, 2006 in Houston, Texas. The proceeds of the bond offering will be used for classroom additions. However, the district is still unclear on how much bond should be released for the offering. The...
- Muni Groups Push for EMMA Improvements. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;1/24/2017, p1
Seven municipal bond groups are urging the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to improve the accessibility and usefulness of its Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) platform for market participants.
- Munis Firm as Fed's Next Head Vows Continuity. Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p2
Reports on recent municipal bond offerings in the U.S. Total price for the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority revenue bonds; Bond yields for Independent School District in Conroe, Texas; Amount of priced bond of Garden State Preservation Trust.
- Muni Market Digests Week's CPS-Less Supply. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/1/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34452, p1
Municipal bond traders were finishing up their week's work, a substantially lighter-than-expected load after the week's calendar was reduced by $875 million when the Chicago Public Schools postponed its general obligation bond deal.
- A Mass of Moving Parts. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's planned variable-rate debt deal as of March 20, 2000. Details of the municipal tender swap deal arranged by Bear, Stearns and Co.
- Chicago Schools to Sell $400M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p1
Reports that the Chicago Public Schools of Chicago, Illinois, will add variable-rate debt to its portfolio under an ongoing capital program. Sale of college savings bonds and variable-rate debt; Structure of the sale of bonds and variable-rate debt.
- Moody's: Facility Woes Pressure VRDOs. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p1
The article reports on the impact of the decline in credit and liquidity facilities to municipal bond issuers in the U.S. According to Moody's Investors Service, issuers that are unable to refinance their variable rate demand obligations (VRDOs) is anticipated to pay high interest rates and...
- FLORIDA: Miami-Dade ARS Conversion. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p9
The article focuses on the conversion of auction-rate securities (ARS) and variable-rate debt by Miami-Dade County Commissioners in Florida. The board of the county has approved taking action to convert $74.6 million of ARS, some of which were remarketed at a rate of 11%. Furthermore, the county...