Comcast to Add New Starz Duo
- COMCAST LAUNCHES CLOUD-BASED VIDEO PLATFORM IN WA. // CD Computing News;
The article reports that global media and technology company Comcast Corporation launched, X1 Platform, a cloud-base interactive television experience from XFINITY in Washington state.
- Comcast Launches X1 In Keystone Region - Next-Generation Cloud-Based Video Platform Now Available. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;1/17/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
The article evaluates cloud-based interactive television experience, the X1 platform from Xfinity from Comcast, a global media and technology company.
- Interactive Taking Off in Comcast's Pilot Test. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast to begin its pilot launch of interactive television (ITV) programming services from several cable networks in Baltimore, Maryland in 2005. Information on cable networks that have signed for the pilot test of Comcast; Advantages of ITV; Other plans of the...
- Comcast Rolling Out Cloud-Based Xfinity TV. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/28/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the plan of Comcast to launch an updated version of its Xfinity TV platform, which allows subscribers to access content from a cloud-based platform while also transforming television (TV) viewing into an interactive experience.
- Kerekes: Sky's the Limit for Xfinity. Malone, Michael // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p10
The article focuses on the keynote address of Xfinity On Demand vice president and general manager Diana Kerekes during the On Demand Summit 3.0, wherein she relates how Comcast Corp. managed to grow its on-demand content into a revenue stream.
- THE BAUMINATOR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p46
The article discusses media company Comcast and Electronic Arts' testing of a service that provides console-quality games to the X1 Internet protocol (IP)-capable video platform, with the trial called Xfinity Games Powered by Origin.
- 8 million. // Multichannel News;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p46
The article cites the millions of voice searches conducted by X1 customers of multiple system operator (MSO) Comcast using the voice-enabled remote control.
- Sneaking a Peek at Comcast's ITV Plans. Leddy, Craig // Multichannel News;8/27/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p26
Highlights the Comcast Corp.'s interactive television (ITV) strategy discussed by cable unit senior director of new business development Steve Heeb during the Interactive TV Show USA in New York City. Landscape that have prompted Comcast's interest in ITV.
- Interactive TV Top 10 Power Rankings. Swann, Phillip // Response;Jun2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p10
Provides the top interactive television firms. Microsoft Corp.; Echostar; Comcast Corp.; Scientific-Atlanta; TiVo; Wink; DirecTV; News Corp.; ACTV; Sony Corp.