- CLOSING PRICES. // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p34
Presents charts of changes in the stock prices of several cable television operators, programmers, equipment vendors and telecommunication companies in the U.S. from August 26 to September 2, 2003.
- Oprah Gets Her 'OWN' TV Network. // Jet;2/4/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p34
The author reports that the television network Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) will be launched in 2009. According to the article, OWN will replace the Discovery Health Network and will be available in almost 70 million homes throughout the U.S. Talk show host Oprah Winfrey will become the network's...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p36
Presents stock prices of companies in the telecommunication and television broadcasting industries as of April 3, 2001. Multiple system operators (MSO); Programmers; Equipment vendors; Telecommunication companies; Wireless cable; Stock information on Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Post-'Oprah' Contenders. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p17
The article focuses on the competition of television networks over an open time slot in 2011 which is used for the talk show of celebrity Oprah Winfrey.
- UNIVISION'S IN GAME. // Daily Variety;8/15/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 32, p4
The article reports that Univision Communication Inc.'s network was the top-rated primetime alternative to NBC network among young adults, with the finale of television program "La Que No Podia Amar."
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.
- Oprah Winfrey... // Monkeyshines on America;Jun2001 Mississippi Issue, p33
This article focuses on Oprah Winfrey, a well-known talk show host, broadcasting executive, and actress, who was born January 29, 1954 in Kosciusko, Mississippi. In 1973, Oprah, only 19-years-old and still a student at Tennessee State University, was hired to work as a reporter and anchor at...
- All About Oprah Inc. Bednarski, P. J.; Borden, Jeff; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p46
Interviews television talk show host Oprah Winfrey. Success of her program "The Oprah Winfrey Show"; Outlook for the lack of quality syndicated talk shows in the U.S.; Views on syndication in the television broadcasting industry. INSETS: Oprah's Kind of Town, Chicago Is;Good Old Oprah: Her...