Black Cable Viewers Cast Eyes Beyond BET
- BET. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC10
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Black Entertainment Television (BET). The network's position as a means of advertising to African American television viewers is discussed. Ratings for television programs presented by BET in 2010-2011...
- Strategic Tweak Elevates TV Land. Hibberd, James // Television Week;12/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the benefits of including African American sitcoms to the line up of programming of cable television network TV Land to its ratings in the U.S. in November 2005. The cable television network plans to produce an African American History Month special programming. Larry...
- NET GAINS FOR CABLE. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;7/1/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 61, p5
The article reports the ratings of several television programs on cable television in the U.S. It states that the most-watched Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards show is the most-watched on cable television, featuring numerous tributes for the late Michael Jackson by performers and...
- The Box bows on satellite; BBET bans guns; MVA report. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;9/11/93, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p38
Reports on the commencement of satellite transmissions for the viewer-programmed music video network The Box with a five-minute commissioned track written by Prince. Target audience of The Box; Black Entertainment Television's ban on gun depictions on video for month of September; Results of...
- BET to launch all-jazz channel. Atwood, Brett // Billboard;10/14/95, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p82
Reports on Black Entertainment Television's plan to launch in January 1996 BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, a new 24-hour sister cable channel devoted exclusively to jazz. Programming content; BET's existing jazz program `Jazz Central' as the new channel's flagship original show; Types of...
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- Showtime. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/31/93, Vol. 105 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the series introduced by The Nashville Network. `Music City Tonight'; `Country News'; `Dance Line'; `Video Countdown'; Launching of `Caribbean Sound,' by Black Entertainment Television; Sony Nashville's `Steppin' Country' home videos.
- BET is winning back advertisers, but competition will soon abound. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;4/16/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p22
The article focuses on the cable television network Black Entertainment Television (BET). The network's reaction to increased competition from other networks aimed at African American television viewers, including networks financed by Comcast Corp., is considered. BET has responded by financing...
- Cablers sing synergy. Grego, Melissa // Variety;7/16/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the alliances among cable networks during the Television Critics Association Tour in July 2001. Partnership between CNN and CNN Headline News; Program-sharing and scheduling between Cartoon Network and Kids WB; Production deal between CBS News and Black Entertainment Television.