Cable Channels Vie For Young Latino Audiences
- Hispanic TV focuses on relevance. Sutter, Mary // Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 10, p16
This article focuses on the third annual Hispanic Television Summit in Miami, Florida, from October 18 to 19, 2005. Relevance was the buzz word at the third annual Hispanic Television Summit. But relevant programming does not automatically mean Spanish-language when it comes to targeting U.S....
- UTILÃSIMA. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC62
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network UtilÃsima. The network's programming strategy of offering television programs aimed at Hispanic American women television viewers is discussed. Research on Hispanic American television viewers...
- Premium Picks Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p14S
Reports on efforts of digital cable tiers in wooing Hispanic American customers in the United States. Creation of packages targeting the Hispanic markets; Offer of programs with Hispanic origin; Prices of offered packages.
- Subscribers Top 1 million. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p16S
Reports on the number of Hispanic Americans subscribing to cable television companies in the United States. Creation of subscription packages specifically for Latinos; Percentage increase on Latino subscribers; Reference made on the research conducted by Cheskin Research.
- Playing Catch-Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports on the offers given by cable television operators to Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Specific areas focused by various operators; Rates of the packages offered; Place of coverage of programs.
- Comcast Goes Local. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports the program for Hispanic Americans on the Comcast Cable of Dover in Delaware. Accessibility of local public affairs show; Production of show in Spanish; Schedule of airing of the program.
- AIMING FOR MÃS APPEAL. La Fuente, Anna Marie De // Variety;3/26/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 7, p1
The article considers efforts by U.S. mass media industry firms to create television programming aimed at Hispanic American viewers. A dramatic expansion in the cable television networks owned by the broadcasting company Univision is among the examples cited of a trend in which television...
- The Inspiration Incentive. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;5/21/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 21, p34
The article presents a profile of Antoinette Zel, vice president for network strategy at the Telemundo Spanish-language television network. Zel directs Telemundo's cable networks and digital programming efforts. She is most proud of her work with mun2, a cable network aimed at young Hispanic...
- FOX DEPORTES. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC24
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Fox Deportes, a subsidiary of Fox Broadcasting. The network's core operation of Spanish-language television broadcasting of sports is considered, with particular attention paid to its broadcasting of...