Next-Gen Hispanics Reshape the Market
- Audi promotes cable premiere with no ads. Lafayette, Jon // Automotive News;5/15/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6202, p24D
This article reports that Audi of America Inc. is sponsoring a commercial-free season premiere next month of the TNT series "The Closer" in the U.S. The marketing deal between Audi and the cable network for the drama series extends beyond 30-second spots. Audi spent $22.6 million to advertise on...
- 'BROKEN' IN ON CABLE. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;10/6/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of television drama "Broken" by cable networks FX and Fox 21 in the U.S. The author states that the drama will be written by Sheldon Turner. He mentions that the drama focuses on the post-Katrina New Orleans, Louisiana. He further notes that Turner and...
- Five Secrets of the New Fall Season Revealed. Benson, Jim; Romano, Allison; Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p27
Unveils the essential trends in cable television programming for the 2005 fall season in the U.S. Program lineup of several networks including CBS and Fox; Television programs to be launched by creator and executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer; List of comedy programs; Competition for the drama...
- Cable market wide open. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p54
Focuses on the lack of cable television programming for the Hispanic audience in the United States. GEMS International Television's launch of programs for Hispanic women; Projected growth of the Hispanic community by the year 2010; Initiatives of cable television networks to address the...
- Vast Hispanic market remains untapped. McConvllle, Jim // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p61
Reports on cable television's failure to tap the Hispanic market in the United States. Estimated spending power of local Hispanics; Percentage of the nation's Hispanic consumers that cable operators have been able to reach out; Efforts of leading networks to increase Hispanic subscriber base.
- Hispanic Networks at a Glance. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p42
Presents information on several cable television networks for Hispanic Americans in the U.S. CNC Colombia; Discovery En EspaÃ±ol; ESPN Deportes.
- Comcast Cites Hispanic Gains. Stilson, Janet // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
Deals with the performance of the Hispanic-American package of channels offered by Comcast Corp. in April 2005. Number of subsciribers in the package; Forecast of the growth of its Hispanic American customer base; Factors that contributed to the efficient performance of the Hispanic packages of...
- SOUTHERN EXPOSURE. Kelly, Brendan // Variety;2/11/2008, Vol. 409 Issue 12, p28
The article examines the inroads Canadian television programming is taking onto U.S. television broadcasting networks. According to the article, two major U.S. networks bought a pair of Canadian television dramas in early 2008, which hasn't occurred in years. In addition, the show "Sophie" was...
- Hallmark's Aim: Build on Rebranding. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p26
Reports the rebranding strategy of the cable television network Hallmark Channel in the U.S. Acquisition of the CBS family drama 'Touched by an Angel' by the network; Effects of the name change on the network's distribution; Launch of a monthly original movie franchise.