- A website challenges James Frey's memoir. Cruz, Gilbert // Entertainment Weekly;1/20/2006, Issue 859, p13
The article reports on a report released by the Smoking Gun Web site which accuses author James Frey of exaggerating and fabricating significant parts of his book on addiction, A Million Little Pieces.
- THE TROUBLE WITH MEMOIRS. Grossman, Lev; Kloberdanz, Kristin; Lofaro, Lina; Sachs, Andrea; Maag, Chris // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/23/2006, Issue 3, p50
The article presents information on the controversy surrounding the book "A Million Little Pieces," by James Frey. The website www.thesmokinggun.com challenged some of the facts in Frey's book on January 8, 2006. The periodical "Time Australia," also ran a check on the website's findings. It...
- Paper Chasers. Lee, Edmund J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/27/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 19, p16
The article reports on the fabricated parts of "A Million Little Pieces," memoir by James Frey discovered by the Smoking Gun Web site. William Bastone, founder and editor of the Web site, comments on an interview done by television personality Oprah Winfrey with Frey regarding his admission of...
- OPEN LETTER. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2006, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p326
The article presents a letter to James Frey commenting on his book "A Million Little Pieces."
- I'm not making this up-well maybe I am. Hiaasen, Carl // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/13/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p7B
The article focuses on the book "A Million Little Pieces," by James Frey which is a memoir but where there are some details which are invented by the author. The book was supposedly a factual recounting of Frey's time as a felonious drug addict and alcoholic and of his subsequent recovery. Frey...
- One in a Million. Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;2/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p17
Presents information on the book 'A Million Little Pieces,' by James Frey. Writing style of Frey; Sales forecast for the book; Comparison of Frey with writer Dave Egger.
- A MILLION LITTLE PIECES (Book). // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p27
Reviews the non-fiction book 'A Million Little Pieces,' by James Frey.
- Why James Frey Doesn't Get It. King, Heather // Publishers Weekly;1/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 4, p216
The article reviews the book "A Million Little Pieces," by James Frey.
- THE UGLY TRUTH. Peyser, Marc; Springen, Karen; Chebatoris, Jac // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);1/23/2006 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 147 Issue 4, p48
The article focuses on the controversy surrounding the book "A Million Little Pieces," by James Frey. The author review how Frey has faced allegations that he made up incidents in the best-selling drug-addiction memoir. According to the author, Frey has admitted to 18 pages of "embellishments."...