- Bear shows deft touch in timing of theglobe.com. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/23/98, Vol. 64 Issue 47, p10
Focuses on the success of the initial public offering of theglobe.com which was guided by Bear Stearns & Co. Competition faced by the offering against EarthWeb Inc.'s share offered by J.P. Morgan; Percentage of the increase in the trading price of the offering.
- How Did Bear Stearns Bag So Many Net IPOs? Siegel, Matt // Fortune;5/10/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p170
Notes investment bank Bear Stearns' role in 1999 initial public offerings (IPO) of Internet companies. IPOs in which the bank has participated; Role of bankers Robert Harris and Jody Owen.
- Private Clubs for Public Offerings. Demos, Telis // Fortune International (Europe);10/15/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p14
This article presents a chart with examples of a new sales platform for public offerings called 144A shares. The United States Security Exchange Commission created these shares that don't require public filings and are open only to institutional investors. Finance Companies with their own...
- Y&R selects banks for IPO. Lenihan, Rob; McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;10/27/97, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p49
Reports that Bear Stearns and Company and Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette Incorporated have been appointed as underwriters by Young and Rubicam Incorporated to handle its initial public offering in 1998. Other agencies that will participate in the offering; Background information on Young and...
- Pro wrestling meets Wall Street in WWF IPO. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/24/99, Vol. 65 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on the initial public offering (IPO) of the stocks of the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) on Wall Street handled by Bear, Stearns & Co. banks vying for the IPO's underwriting slots; Profile of the WWF's entertainment media business.
- Tube City Loan Pulled. // Bank Loan Report;10/3/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p3
Reports that Bear Stearns Cos. Inc. and CIBC World Markets Corp. has pulled a credit facility for Tube City Inc. after Tube City IMS cancelled its initial public offering of income participating securities due to market conditions.
- THE BIG ISSUE. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p11
The article presents the views of several executives regarding the demise of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and the potential sale of National City Corp. According to Victor Anselmo, an executive of Cleveland Heights, none of the local banks are going to follow the same path and he predicts that...
- Montgomery County, Pa., Seals Rare Swap Deal With Bear Stearns. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32164, p3
Reports on the swap deal between Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. over the youth programs funding under the state budget. Basis for the swap deal; Terms under the deal; Worth of the payment on the basis swap and the Bond Market Association swaption.
- Illinois Pressures Bear For Market-Timing Evidence. // Money Management Executive;3/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that securities regulators in Illinois are pressuring Bear Stearns & Co. to turn over documents that contain proof of market-timing improprieties. The state threatened Bear with a penalty and/or revocation of its state license. Elizabeth Ventura, a Bear Stearns spokeswoman,...