- Cleaning up the Resume. K. M. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/19/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses issues related to the importance of chief executive officers in supporting their respective companies, especially private equity firms. The role of a chief executive officer has been a debatable topic in the financial services industry. While some think that an officer...
- Advice equals growth for financial planners. Axelrod, Daniel // Business Journal (Central New York);4/11/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
Reports on an increase in the business activity of financial planners as more investors are seeking advice due to the uncertainty in the financial markets in the United States. Increase in new client assets recorded by financial advisers over the course of 2001 and early 2002; Move by several...
- ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST JOBS. // Wealth Channel Magazine;Spring2013, p23
The article reports that financial advisor was ranked number six at CNN Money's "Best Jobs in America" in 2013, which is due to benefits that include job flexibility.
- MAS market will be IFAs' gain. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;6/16/2011, p29
The article reports on the assertion of the Money Advice Service (MAS) that the service aims at boosting demand for independent financial advisers (IFAs) and their services rather than compreting with them in Great Britain.
- Cloud of restriction. Smallwood, Chris // Money Marketing;2/27/2014, p35
The author discusses consumers' confusion over the restricted classification of independent financial advisors in Great Britain and the need to educate consumers about what being independent means.
- Quebec has its PFP Act together. Barcelo, Yan // CA Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the legislation and regulations concerning the financial planning profession in Quebec. Academic requirements for financial planners; Information on the law about the distribution of financial products and services.
- BROKER 'Talkback' // Money Marketing;12/2/2004, p32
Presents financial industry experts' opinion on whether independent financial advisers should be automatically turn down when they apply for the job of Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors director-general. Christopher Norris of Sterling Financial Associates; Greg Starkley of JSF...
- Stop grandfather clock. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;12/13/2007, p33
The author reflects on issues related to financial advisers in Great Britain. He comments on the situations of advisers in the country, along with their performance. Moreover, the author argues that professional advisers need to show commitments on their profession in order for them to offer...
- Comment of the week: Thanks for your support. Goodley, Simon // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/7/2013, p42
The author discusses an issue related to the article "PosSol adviser unable to secure RDR waiver despite illness."