Textron Asset Sale Enters Final Round
- Textron hires investment banks for automotive division. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/02/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p2
Reports that Textron Inc. has retained investment bankers Rotschild Inc. and Goldman Sachs and Co. for its Textron Automotive Co. subsidiary. Possible sale of the subsidiary; Textron Inc. chairman Lewis Campbell's plan to cut the company's exposure to the automotive sector.
- Who Will Buy Textron? Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;May2001, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p7
Editorial. Speculates on the sale of the automobile instrument panel supplier Textron. Terms of the sale; Assets of the company; Potential buyers of the company.
- Price pressures force Textron to rethink auto operations. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News Europe;04/09/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p25
Reports on the move of Textron Inc., one of the last industrial conglomerates in the United States, to hire investment banks to determine if there are potential buyers for Textron Automotive Co. Inc. in Troy, Michigan. Ranking of Textron Automotive on the list of top 150 original equipment...
- Textron may trim its auto unit. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;4/23/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the efforts of Textron Inc. to reduce its emphasis on the automotive sector. Sale of all or part of Textron Automotive Co. Inc.; Strategies of the company.
- Automotive News: digest. // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p4
Reports on developments related to the automobile industry as of August 7, 2000. Textron Automotive Co.'s joint venture with Valeo SA to supply cockpit modules to car companies; United States Federal Trade Commission's evaluation of the online car parts exchange proposed by car companies.
- Textron seeks to split costs. Miel, Rhoda // Crain's Detroit Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p1
Reports that Textron Automotive Co. wants its suppliers to share the cost of developing systems for automakers. Equal allocation of the financial burden related to design and contracts for automobile parts; Percentage of division between Textron and its sub-suppliers.
- Textron suppliers hit with upfront costs. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;7/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p1
Reports the development of a rebate program by Textron Automotive Co. demanding automotive suppliers to share cost of developing systems for automakers in Michigan. Comparison of the rebate program with other cost concession schemes; Engineering and Development Cost Sharing Agreement between...
- Textron CEO discusses his economic views. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;1/18/1999, Vol. 10 Issue 49, p9
Presents an interview with Textron Automotive Co.'s Chief Executive Officer John Janitz about his economic outlook and changes for suppliers in the automotive industry. Expected high levels of sales and production for the industry; Impact of the Asian economic crisis; Trend toward supplier...
- Fiat transformed assembly plant into supplier park. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News;1/14/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5966, p26F
Focuses on the transformation of Fiat S.p.A. assembly plant into supplier park in Cassino, Italy. Integration of the old and the latest business concepts; Business strategies of Textron Automotive Co.; Employment of fresh and old employees.