Off to the Rocket Races
- Thirsty New Mexico Funnels Bond Authority to Water Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p5
Amid a prolonged drought that prompted New Mexico governor Bill Richardson to issue the second emergency declaration in as many years, the state has begun directing more of its bond authority toward unfunded water projects. Estimating the cost of needed water projects in the state at $4...
- Upward bound? Fischer, David; Auster, Bruce B. // U.S. News & World Report;12/09/96, Vol. 121 Issue 23, p23
Discusses why representative Bill Richardson looks like a possible candidate for Commerce Secretary. His possible replacement of Mickey Kantor; His participation in negotiations with Cuba's Fidel Castro and Iraq's Saddam Hussein.
- Bill Richardson. // U.S. News & World Report;7/31/95, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on Bill Richardson, a congressman from New Mexico who helped negotiate the release of a downed United States helicopter pilot from North Korea. How he has since talked Saddam Hussein into freeing two Americans jailed for four months for taking a wrong turn into Iraq.
- Amendment Day. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the support of Governor Bill Richardson for two constitutional amendments in New Mexico. Derivation of revenue for potential bond issues; Increase of dividend for public education.
- Making Hispanic History. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/1/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p3
The article profiles Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico.
- Richardson Nixes Food Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/30/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33290, p9
The article reports on the decision of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson to reject a partial re-imposition of the state sales tax on groceries.
- New Mexico Governor Hopes to Get His GRIP Through a Loaded Special Session. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p32
Reports on the legislative initiatives of Governor Bill Richardson in New Mexico. Tax reform package of Richardson; Bond program for transportation; Economic development program of Richardson.
- New Mexico Aims to Save Jobless Fund. // Capitol Ideas;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the proposal of Governor Bill Richardson in which businesses could pay 20 million dollars in higher taxes that would help the jobless fund get back in New Mexico.
- America's nimble new ambassador to the UN. Bowers, Faye // Christian Science Monitor;2/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 55, p1
Reports that Bill Richardson, the congressman for New Mexico, has been named as the United States ambassador to the United Nations. Agility of Richardson; Background information on Richardson; Comments from Richardson. INSET: William Blaine Richardson..