Lake View Sues, Again
- Oral Arguments Heard in Texas School Funding Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p4
Reports that Texas Supreme Court heard oral arguments from lawyers defending the state against school districts that allege school finance laws are unconstitutional. Special session for Texas lawmakers to write a set of school finance laws; State of the 2001 lawsuit known as â€œWest Orange...
- Texas House OKs Money to Equalize School Finance, Escape 'Robin Hood'. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p3
Reports on Texas House of Representatives' approval of a bill that would address inequality in the current state school finance formula by dispersing $1.2 billion to property-poor school districts and allowing wealthy districts to keep more of their tax revenue. Arguments expressed by...
- Wyoming ready to begin talks on controversial school funding bill. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p5
States that the Wyoming House of Representatives will start the debate on a legislation that will give additional state funds to local school districts. Concerns on the `unconstitutionality' of the state's educational system.
- N.Y. lawmaker pitches increased reimbursements to local school districts. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p5
Focuses on the enhanced reimbursement program proposed by a New York Assemblyman Steven Sanders to relieve most local school districts of their debt burden and jump-start renovations and construction for public schools in the state. Terms of the proposal; Implications for bond issues; Basis for...
- New law leaves Cross Roads without an election. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);8/3/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 31, p1A
The article reports on school finance reform legislation passed by the Texas Legislature in 2006 and its effects on the Cross Roads school district in Texas in August 2007.
- Texas school districts fight for authority over funding. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p29
Reports on the efforts of school districts in Texas to fight for authority over education funding in the state legislature. Issue on whether to increase funding for the $200 million school facilities funding program implemented in the fall of 1997; Factors to be considered by districts when...
- Schools join suit. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/14/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 36, p4A
The author reflects on the collaboration of Hays County Independent School District (CISD) with a group of school districts in suing over the shabby and inequitable system of funding schools of Texas.
- New Law Offers Relief to Northwest's Needy Timber Country. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p34
Focuses on the Secure Schools and Community Self-Determination Act 2000, a federal law that replenishes coffers of school districts and counties on or near United States Forest Service-managed areas. Key provisions; Regions expected to benefit from the law; Potential impact of the law on credit...
- The Coalition. // Education Journal;Apr2010, Issue 123, p38
The article discusses the plan of the Coalition Government for children, education and families in its Programme for Government in Great Britain in 2010. Under the plans, new providers can participate the state school system due to parental demand. The document also indicates the aim of the...