FSA's McCarthy Named Chairman of AFGI
- Fitch Drops Assured, FSA on MRS Fears. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33199, p1
The article reports on the debt ratings of municipal bond insurers as released by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. It states that Fitch downgraded the debt ratings of Assured Guaranty Corp. and Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSA). Fitch said that the downgraded ratings reflect the...
- FSA Sees Double-Digit Declines in Yearly, Quarterly Profits. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p7
The article reports that Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSAH) profits has decreased from 378.6 million dollars in 2004 to 326.1 million dollars in 2005. The reasons behind the company's decreased profits were discussed. FSAH company president and CEO Robert Cochran stated that the...
- AFGI and Its Members Look for Ways to Tap European Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p6
The article reports that the members of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers assembled with European institutional investors in London, England as part of an industry campaign to make headway in the European market. Unlike the U.S. municipal market--in which about 50% of municipal...
- Ambac Could Get $3 Billion Infusion. // American Banker;2/26/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 38, p22
This article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. may be rescued from crippling credit-rating downgrades by getting $3 billion of new capital. Citigroup Inc. and seven other banks are working with Ambac to prevent rating cuts that would throw doubt on the credit quality of the $553 billion of...
- FSA Reports 18% Drop in Fourth-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p6
Reports on the fourth quarter net income of New York-based guarantor Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., holding company for bond insurer Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of February 11, 2003. Comparison of incomes with those in 2001 and 2002; Multi-million dollar expenses reflected...
- Financial Security Assurance Sees a Rise In Core Earnings, But Suffers a Net Loss. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the first quarter of 2000. Adjusted book value; Operating net income; Realized capital losses.
- Ellen Maddock joins fsa health care group. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p2
Reports on Financial Security Assurance's hiring of Ellen Maddock as a vice president and credit analyst in its municipal health care finance group. Career background.
- Market-Share Leader FSA Reports 1Q Income Up 13% Over Last Year. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p34
Reports the net income of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. for the first quarter of year 2002 in New York. Percentage of income increase; Statement regarding the performance of the company by chairman Robert P. Cochran; Market share for insuring bond issues.
- Byrne steps down as FSA chairman; senior management shifts to fill gap. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;11/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30277, p3
Reports on the resignation of John J. Byrne as chairman of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.'s (FSA) board of directors. Career background; Appointment of FSA president and chief executive officer Robert P. Cochran to take charge of Byrne's responsibilities; Reason for Byrne's retirement.