Special Master Chosen for Delaware-N.J. River Dispute
- Defense News. // Defense Counsel Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p136
Reports news related to lawyers and administrative defenses as of April 2002. Details on an order issued by the New York state's Administrative Board of the Courts regarding the subjection of mass tort cases to consolidation for pretrial purposes; Requirement for lawyers to furnish letters of...
- Dealing with Conflicts in Joint Representation of Defendant in Mass Tort Litigation. Ashley, G. Luke; Wynne Jr., Richard L. // Review of Litigation;Summer98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p469
Describes an approach for handling the ethical concerns of the joint defense group or multiple representation in the U.S. Benefits of joint defense group or common representation; Problems in structuring a multiple representation; Issues relating to conflicts of interest that an attorney must...
- U.S. Court Grants Lawyer's Fees in P.L. 94-142 Case. // Education Week;1/9/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the decision of the U. S. courts to grant lawyer's fees in P. L. 94-142 case, to the parents of a Nebraska child who won a case charging denial of due process during the hearings to learn the child's educational placement. The ruling in Rose v. Nebraska by the Eight...
- Use common sense to avoid employee lawsuits. Hale, Todd // Inside Tucson Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Presents tips on minimizing risk of employment-related litigation. Creation of standardized procedure for workplace complaints investigation; Reason of employee termination; Consultation with an employment lawyer.
- The MacCrate Report: New York and ABA Policy. Rice, Thomas O. // CPA Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the issue of multidisciplinary practice (MDP), discussed in the MacCrate Report which was sponsored by the American Bar Association. List of core values that should not be compromised by lawyers; Information on how the report considered the role of MDP; Recommendations for accountants.
- Construction law. // Lawyer;11/12/2012, p12
The article focuses on the British court case Systech International Ltd. v. PC Harrington Contractors Ltd., which dealt with the recovery of fees during adjudication if a breach of the rules of natural justice occurs.
- legal beagles. // Investigate;Oct2004, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p26
Presents several tips on dealing with legal professionals. Factors that indicate that it is time to change lawyers; Rules of engagement during the attorney season.
- CPAs and Attorneys. Schirmer, Thomas A. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Summer2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p90
Focuses on the challenges posed by the partnership of financial services companies with certified public accountants (CPA) and attorneys. Publication of administrative procedures; Attendance of CPA and attorneys at meetings; Inspection of separately housed operations.
- House of Delegates Adopts Advertising D.R. and Endorses a Package of Grand Jury Reforms. // American Bar Association Journal;Sep77, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p1234
Provides a summary of the resolutions adopted by the American Bar Association's House of Delegates, compiled as of September 1977. Administrative procedure; Advertising by lawyers; Amendments to the Copeland Anti-Kickback Act.