D.C. Officials Working With Designers to Cut Ballpark Cost
- NEVADA: Reno Ballpark Pact Signed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p9
The article reports on the approval of a final development agreement by Washoe County commissioners with the owners of minor league baseball team for the construction of a stadium in Nevada in October 2007. The agreement, which also involves the Reno Redevelopment Agency, SK Baseball LLC, and...
- Miami Won't Fund Stadium Unless Marlins Promise to Stay. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p24
Reports on the refusal of Miami in a plan to finance the stadium for the Florida Marlins unless the team promise to stay until the complete payment of the city debt. Estimated construction cost of the stadium; Supporters of the stadium project; Difficulty on the planned construction of the stadium.
- Milwaukee Brewers' deal could grow in wake of accident. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports on the Southwestern Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District's proposed bond issue for the construction of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team's ballpark in the city. Securitization of the deal; Size of the transaction; Reasons for the decision to sell more bonds.
- Mets, Yankees Catch Hot Market, Mostly Beat Insured Curve. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p7
The article reports that New York's Major League Baseball teams Mets and Yankees were able to price nearly $1.5 billion of combined debt largely ahead of the insured triple-A yield curve. The teams tapped the tax-exempt market to help finance new ballparks in Queens and the Bronx. The insured...
- Ohio County plans debt for Red's ballpark. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30435, p44
Reports that Hamilton County, Ohio plans to sell its debt in the year 2000 to finance a ballpark for the Cincinnati Reds. Public Financial Management Inc.'s proposal; Date of the ball park completion; Issuance cost of the bind issue; Sales tax's backing of the bond.
- Cincinnati Reds referendum petition hits pay dirt with lots of signatures. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p32
Reports on the success of two Cincinnati City Council members' efforts to include on the November 3, 1998 ballot the question of whether to build the Reds baseball team's ballpark along the Ohio River or in an under-developed area called Broadway Commons. Possible deal in the bond issuance for...
- Twins one step closer to St. Paul. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on Minnesota's issuance of taxable general obligation bonds to pay for a ballpark for the Minnesota Twins. Repayment of debt with annual lease payments; Negotiations between the team and the city.
- Milwaukee ballpark agency to issue $42 million to cover crane accident costs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/25/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30712, p3
Reports that the Southeastern Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District's finance committee is seeking board approval to sell sales tax-backed revenue bonds for the construction of the Milwaukee Brewers' ballpark. Coverage of costs from a fatal crane accident.
- Cardinals Unveil New Downtown St. Louis Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p6
Features the plans unveiled by the Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team for a downtown stadium in Saint Louis, Missouri that would rely on revenue bonds. Value of the project; Architectural plans and general financing scheme; Cardinals' contribution to the project; Facilities planned for the...