Closed-End Junk Funds Also Feeling the Pinch
- Fort Washington's Brendan White Remains Bullish On High-Yield Bonds. // Investment Management Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
Presents the views of Brendan White, a manager at Fort Washington Investment Advisors, on the status of the U.S. high-yield bond market as of January 2004. Rate of the Merrill Lynch High Yield Master Index in 2003; Problems with the bonds.
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p7
Presents a chart of high yield bonds with biggest gains and losses in the United States as of June 23, 2004.
- Euro HY Volume at Record Volume. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/5/2014, p27
The article reports on a record year-to-date volume reached by European junk bond new issues as European paper becomes increasingly in demand for investors, as of May 2014. Topics discusses include European high yield bond reaching 75.5 billion dollars year-to-date which is a 71 percent increase...
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;6/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p7
Presents a chart depicting the performance of high yield bonds in the U.S. as of June 2, 2005.
- Summer Selloff Puts HY Managers On Alert. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/28/2014, p35
The article reports that bond deal managers are concerned about the slowdown in bond issuances in 2014. Topics covered include the impact of the economic trends in the Middle East and Eastern Europe on bonds and the investments of financiers in junk bonds. Also mentioned is the strong...
- A Lively Corpse. Rubenstein, Ed // National Review;5/28/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p14
Points out that reports of a collapse in the U.S. junk-bond market are highly exaggerated. Report by First Boston that during the first three months of 1990 the high-yield market grew by $4.2 billion, to $230.4 billion; Indication that this is in line with what is happening to the credit-market...
- Short takes on high yields. // High Yield Report;02/01/99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p8
Presents news briefs concerning the high-yield bond market in the United States, compiled as of February 1, 1999. Promotions at SunAmerica's high-yield investment business; Outlook for the textile industry's entry into the junk bond market; Microsoft's acquisition of a take in NTL as part of...
- Buyers Scarf Up Landry's Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/9/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the restaurant chain operator Landry's Restaurants issued 295.5 million U.S. dollars in 14 percent senior secured notes due 2011 underwritten by Jefferies. It is noted that the company will net 260 U.S. dollars after the discount. According to KDP Investment Advisors'...
- MOST RECENT GLOBAL HIGH YIELD DEALS. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Presents a chart of several global high yield bond deals as of June 28, 2004.