Medicare Proposal Hits Acute Care Hospitals
- Gofigure. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that sequestration cuts are scheduled to reduce Medicare payments to skilled nursing facilities by 2%, unless.
- OPPS draft draws more opposition. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;9/16/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 178, p8
The article reports on the opposition directed by the Medical Device Manufacturers Association (MDMA) to the 2014 outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) regarding its ambulatory payment classification (APC) codes.
- Be On Your Toes When Handling MAC/FI Probes. // MDS Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p63
The article focuses on the different methods to avoid payment denials and appeal during the Medicare Administrative Contractors or the fiscal intermediary probe review in the U.S.
- HHS to Disclose Physician Reimbursement Data. // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' plan to use a balancing test in the disclosure of earnings by doctors, in their treatment of Medicare beneficiaries under the Freedom of Information Act, to determine which information to disclose.
- Clarification: December 2010 Reimbursement Page. // O&P Almanac;Apr2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p41
The article clarifies the Reimbursement Page in the December 2010 issue of the journal, which addressed Medicare coverage and policy changes on diabetic shoes.
- Medicare Releases 2013 PQRS Participation. // ASHA Leader;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p13
The article advises audiologists and speech-language pathologists to check their 2013 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) participation online through the Physician and Other Health Care Professionals Quality Reporting Portal of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Trade group seeks RAC reform. Schencker, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;3/23/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p0002
The article offers information on recovery audit contractor(RAC) program practiced by professional association American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association(AOPA). Topics discussed include overview on objectives of RAC program providing benefits on overpayments claims, views on the same by Charles...
- CPT 29581. Hecht, Neil; Pedowitz, Walter // Podiatry Management;Mar2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
A letter to the editor and a response is presented regarding issues with billing the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) 29581.
- HHS; docs not fleeing Medicare. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;8/26/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 164, p6
The article focuses on a report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service which confirmed that the percentage of all office-based physicians who report they continue to accept new Medicare patients has not changed significantly between 2005 and 2012, amid the repeated threats that...