Big Independents Flee Shallow Gulf
- M&A continues. Pagnie, David // Offshore;Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the announcement on the merger of Caldive International with the Remington Oil & Gas Corp. and the W&T Offshore Inc. with the Kerr-McGee Corp. Caldive made a transaction with Remington for 1.4 million dollar and according to Equity Research analyst, Raymond James &...
- u.s. mergers & acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p65
The article presents information on several merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. These include the acquisition of Remington Oil & Gas Corp. by Cal Dive International Inc., acquisition of Lewis Energy Group LP by Enterprise Products Partners LP, and the acquisition of Thermo Fluids Inc. by...
- Higher Prices Heat Up Appeal of Gas Producers. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the merger & acquisition deals of Denver, Colorado-based gas producers in April and May 2004. Factor that prompted the deals; Merger of Canada's energy company EnCana Corp. and natural gas producer Tom Brown Inc.; Benefits of the consolidation of EnCana and Tom Brown; Value of the...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;5/10/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 19, p24
Reports the completion of the acquisition of Kemira company's titanium dioxide plant by Kerr-McGee company. Previous acquisition made by Kerr-McGee; Combined value of the deals.
- Snapshots From The Energy Wars. Sargent, Carolyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/9/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p30
Reports on the acquisition and financing deals in the natural resources industry in the U.S. Value of all merger and acquisition deals in the energy and power sectors; Role of Lehman Brothers Inc. as co-advisor to Kerr-McGee Corp.; Expectation for most of the external financing for energy and...
- Tsoodzil looms large in Prewitt hearts, landscape. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;6/11/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 23, pA3
The article reports on Tsoodzil or Mount Taylor as it towers over Prewitt, New Mexico. It notes that Jones Garcia, a 51-year-old resident of Prewitt, states that he believes uranium killed his father and brother after they worked near the summit and does not blame the mountain but his former...
- Acquisition of Canyon Offshore hints at future direction of Cal Dive. Hull, Jennifer Pallanich // Offshore;Apr2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p60
Discusses the acquisition of deepwater construction firm Canyon Offshore by Cal Dive International. Projects to be pursued by the merger; Terms of the deal; Significance of the purchase to Cal Dive.
- On the Defensive. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p64
Addresses investment tips and predictions made by 'Money' magazine, with an update on how those suggestions have fared, as of December 2000. How Chase Manhattan failed to live up to expectations; Impact of an announcement that Bestfoods would acquire Unilever on their stock value; Praise for...
- Kerr-McGee Favored to Acquire Most of Kemira's TiO... Business. Young, Ian; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/12/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p20
Reveals that Kerr-McGee company has emerged as the favorite to acquire the bulk of Kemira company's titanium dioxide business. Capacity of Kemira's plants; Plan of Kemira to divest its nitrogen fertilizer business.