A New ABS Index Boosts Synthetic CDOs
- CALIFORNIA: Hospital District's GO Vote. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p9
The article reports on a vote-by-mail election for a $27 million general obligation bond measure seeking by the Oak Valley Hospital District in California which will be decided on April 29, 2008. The hospital district is returning to voters after obtaining approval of a $37 million bond measure...
- Risk SWAPPING. White, Alan // Canadian Investment Review;Fall2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p37
The article discusses the role of credit default swaps (CDS) and collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the Canadian credit market. CDS insure against losses due to default on a bond and provide protection on $5 or $10 million face value of senior unsecured bonds issued by a certain borrower....
- Tight spreads unleash CDO innovations. C.M.O. // Private Placement Letter;10/4/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p10
Describes innovations in the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) market resulting from tightening credit spreads. Synthetic high yield bond CDO structures; Synthetic CDO with interest rate features; Structure of CDO of CDO deals.
- Well-Heeled CDO Managers Stand Ground. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;4/28/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the strong determination of established managers in collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) in the U.S. Barclays Capital noted that despite of the early troubles of CDO, strong players are still issuing four or more prior deals. Babson Capital manages more than 50 CDOs with...
- The CDO Product. Ken Cheng // Securitization Conduit;2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1-4, p9
Collateralized debt obligations, or CDOs, are structured vehicles that are similar to leveraged closedend funds. Since their creation in the late 1980s, CDOs have evolved into three major classifications: cash flow CDOs; synthetic CDOs; and market value CDOs.
- A Structured Finance Hangover. Haddigan, Bernard J. // National Real Estate Investor;May2008, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p116
The article explains what collateralized debt obligations (CDO) are. According to the author, CDOs are asset-backed structured credit products comprised of different tranches of fixed-income assets based on risk. The author adds that investment banks utilized the CDO to pool thousands of...
- CDO PIPELINE - U.S. MARKET. // Asset Securitization Report;10/11/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p10
Presents a chart showing information on upcoming collateralized debt obligation issues in the United States, as of October 11, 2004. Size of each deal; Collateral manager; Assets; Banks; Credit enhancement; Deal type.
- CDOS / RECENT PRICINGS U.S. MKT. // Asset Securitization Report;10/11/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p11
Presents a chart showing the pricing of collateralized debt obligations in the United States market, as of October 11, 2004. Deal size; Collateral manager; Deal type; Assets; Banks; Credit enhancement; AAA spreads.
- Informed bids saught in CDO secondary. N.C. // Asset Securitization Report;12/13/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the improvement of the secondary collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the U.S. in 2004. Maturity of the CDO market; Challenges in meeting the demand for reliable spread information.