- Engaging with Difference Matters: Longitudinal Student Outcomes of Co-Curricular Service-Learning Programs. Keen, Cheryl; Hall, Kelly // Journal of Higher Education;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p59
The article discusses the outcomes of service learning programs on college students, particularly whether or not participation helps students to feel engaged with people from different backgrounds and what attributes of liberal arts colleges can impact student participation in such programs....
- Abstracts. // Community College Review;Summer2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, pi
Presents abstracts of several articles about community college. "Demographic Risk Factors, Study Patterns and Campus Involvement as Related to Student Success Among Guilford Technical Community College Students," by Carol Schmid and Patricia Abell; "An Examination of Student Cheating in the...
- What's Past is Prologue: How Precollege Exposure to Racial Diversity Shapes the Impact of College Interracial Interactions. Bowman, Nicholas; Denson, Nida // Research in Higher Education;Jun2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p406
The educational and societal benefits of promoting meaningful interracial interactions during college are well-established. While most previous studies have examined the relationship between interracial interactions and college student outcomes among all students, much less is known about the...
- Influences of organizational life style on leisure pursuits among college students. Long, James D.; Sparks, William // College Student Journal;Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p217
Presents a study which contrasted how students who reported being organized in their daily lives differed on a number of leisure issues from their peers who reported being less organized. Use of the scores on the Life Style Approaches Inventory (LSA), a goal-oriented measure of life style...
- Study finds shifts in student lifestyle; job and careers are priorities. // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/29/97, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p10
Cites the study `Student Monitor' which found shifts in college student lifestyles. Students' emphasis on a solid marriage and friendships; Students' spending habits; Students' early use of technology; Students' use of entertainment options available on or near campus.
- Foreign graduate students in a US university. // Physics Today;Jun92, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p75
Opinion. Examines the perspectives of the foreign students experiencing American university education and the perspectives of the American students encountering large numbers of foreign students for probably the first time. Value of American and foreign students; Large number of foreign...
- How many people jump from balconies? // Esquire;Apr92, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p86
Offers various statistics on college Spring Break activities. When Spring Break began; Male to female ratio; More men at ski resorts; Total falls from balconies; More; Details.
- Inhuman architecture, bad food, boredom, death by fun and games. Keegan, P. // Esquire;Apr92, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p92
Describes life in the John F. Kennedy dorm at the University of Massachusetts. Death of Joel Mangion while `elevator surfing'; Effects of the tragedy; Problems with dorm life; Need for reform.
- Professors struggle to rout out rudeness. Clayton,, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;3/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 82, p16
Focuses on the efforts of some college professors to eliminate rude behavior from students in the classroom. INSET: Respect requires shared norms.