- Oz's pioneer policewoman 'I CAN STILL STOP TRAFFIC!'. WILLIAMS, GLEN // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);7/16/2012, Vol. 63 Issue 29, p36
The article reports that 89-year-old Amy Taylor was the first policewoman to direct traffic in Australia. Taylor recalls that she and her good mate Gladys Johnson were two of the first policewomen chosen to wear uniforms and they designed the uniforms themselves. Amy was concerned about women...
- Young Negro Designers. // Ebony;Sep1961, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p108
The article focuses on the fashion designs of young black designers during the 4th Annual Fashion Fair of the periodical "Ebony" on September 22, 1961.
- Editor's note. Tilberis, Liz // Harper's Bazaar;Apr96, Issue 3413, p42
Comments on the couture shows in Paris, France for the spring 1996 season. Designer John Galliano's first collection for the house of Givenchy; Karl Lagerfeld's show for Chanel; Gianfranco Ferre for Dior; Emphasis on pants.
- Gen Art Collection Joins 7th on Sixth. Wilson, Eric // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/20/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 116, p1
Reports that the organization Gen Art has signed on to show its fall collections at Bryant Park in New York as part of 7th on Sixth on February 9, 2001. Gen Art's plan in bringing back four successful acts from its recent shows; List of designers who will participate in the show.
- For Art's Sake. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/13/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 52, p16
Highlights the 2003 Armory Show. Disclosure on the venue; Citations of the fashion designers featured; Attendees of the event.
- Gen Art Adjusting Fashion Calendar. Greene, Joshua // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 37, p31
Announces some of the changes made by Gen Art to its lineup of fashion shows which seek to promote cutting-edge designers and provide them with a venue to show their wares. Staging of the Fresh Faces in Fashion show during the New York Fashion Week on September 12, 2003; Talent pool for the...
- Girly Girls and Sexpots. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/15/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 56, p6
Reports on the featured fashion designers at the Spring Collections fashion show in New York City. Vintage-inspired looks of Tracy Reese; Breakthrough designs of the As Four group; Street fashion of Kimora Lee Simmons for Baby Phat.
- Variety Pack. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/15/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 56, p9
Presents fashion designers who launched new clothing collections at the Spring 2003 fashion shows in New York City. GF Ferre'; Rebecca Taylor; Zang Toi; Matthew Ernest.
- From The Editors. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/16/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 56, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the journal including one on interviews with fashion designers and another on fashion shows.