- Prescription Drugs: Their Use and Abuse. // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on prescription drug abuse by teenagers in the U.S.
- PAIN PILLS? Lindstrom, Max // Odyssey;Sep2011, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p30
The article offers information on the prescription drug abuse among teenagers, focusing on the consumption of painkillers. INSET: Bad Pills?.
- How R.Ph.s can curb teens' abuse of cough and cold products. Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;6/17/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the incidence of abuse of cough and cold remedies among teenagers in Illinois. Statistics on intentional exposure to cough and cold products; List of adverse effects of cough and cold remedies; Role of pharmacists in the prevention medication abuse.
- New teen Rx abuse nightmare in Massachusetts. // Drug Store News;11/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pCP16
Focuses on incidents involving Massachusetts teenagers' appetite for illicitly obtained prescription medicines. Group of Woburn teens who were hospitalized with complications suffered as a result of ingesting a muscle relaxer that was stolen from a neighbor; Independent druggists' lobby for...
- Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine: Study suggests mid-adolescence is peak risk for extramedical use of pain relievers by young people. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a survey, according to which chances of using prescription pain relievers for extramedical use is maximum in mid-adolescence of the U.S.
- Diverting Legal Drugs to Illegal Markets Costs States Billions Annually. // PA Times;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
Reports on key problems relevant to the abuse of prescription drugs among teenagers in the U.S. Overall substance abuse; Costs of the abuse of drugs in law enforcement, health care, social services and court costs; Strategies to prevent substance abuse; Prevention of pharmacy theft; Prescription...
- The Use and Abuse of Prescription Medication to Facilitate or Enhance Sexual Behavior Among Adolescents. Apodaca, T. R.; Moser, N. C. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jan2011, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p22
Adolescents naturally experience an increased interest in sexual behavior, but they usually lack much experience. Thus, any prescription medication that holds the potential to ease or facilitate sexual matters holds a unique allure. Widespread cultural awareness of medications to treat erectile...
- Prescription Drugs: Their Use and Abuse. // Science World;3/6/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 11, Following p13
The article discusses the use and abuse of prescription drugs by teenagers in the U.S. INSETS: Prescription Drug Health Alert for Teens;Tracking Prescription Drug Abuse;Myths About Prescription Drugs--and the Facts!;Wake-up Call: Steroid Abuse
- Illegal drug use and misuse of medication among US teens. // Nursing Standard;3/21/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p16
The article cites a survey conducted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse in the U.S. The survey centered on the illegal drug use and misuse of medication among teenagers. Data indicated that the number of teens denoting use of any prohibited drugs in the month before the survey has decreased...