- Prescription Drugs: Their Use and Abuse. // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on prescription drug abuse by teenagers in the U.S.
- PAIN PILLS? Lindstrom, Max // Odyssey;Sep2011, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p30
The article offers information on the prescription drug abuse among teenagers, focusing on the consumption of painkillers. INSET: Bad Pills?.
- How R.Ph.s can curb teens' abuse of cough and cold products. Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;6/17/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the incidence of abuse of cough and cold remedies among teenagers in Illinois. Statistics on intentional exposure to cough and cold products; List of adverse effects of cough and cold remedies; Role of pharmacists in the prevention medication abuse.
- New teen Rx abuse nightmare in Massachusetts. // Drug Store News;11/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pCP16
Focuses on incidents involving Massachusetts teenagers' appetite for illicitly obtained prescription medicines. Group of Woburn teens who were hospitalized with complications suffered as a result of ingesting a muscle relaxer that was stolen from a neighbor; Independent druggists' lobby for...
- Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine: Study suggests mid-adolescence is peak risk for extramedical use of pain relievers by young people. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a survey, according to which chances of using prescription pain relievers for extramedical use is maximum in mid-adolescence of the U.S.
- The Use and Abuse of Prescription Medication to Facilitate or Enhance Sexual Behavior Among Adolescents. Apodaca, T. R.; Moser, N. C. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jan2011, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p22
Adolescents naturally experience an increased interest in sexual behavior, but they usually lack much experience. Thus, any prescription medication that holds the potential to ease or facilitate sexual matters holds a unique allure. Widespread cultural awareness of medications to treat erectile...
- Diverting Legal Drugs to Illegal Markets Costs States Billions Annually. // PA Times;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
Reports on key problems relevant to the abuse of prescription drugs among teenagers in the U.S. Overall substance abuse; Costs of the abuse of drugs in law enforcement, health care, social services and court costs; Strategies to prevent substance abuse; Prevention of pharmacy theft; Prescription...
- Prescription Drugs: Their Use and Abuse. // Science World;3/6/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 11, Following p13
The article discusses the use and abuse of prescription drugs by teenagers in the U.S. INSETS: Prescription Drug Health Alert for Teens;Tracking Prescription Drug Abuse;Myths About Prescription Drugs--and the Facts!;Wake-up Call: Steroid Abuse
- Teen Prescription Drug Abuse. Elliott, Eric T.; Souder, Christopher A.; Privette, Troy; Richardson, William H. // Clinician Reviews;Nov2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses the increase in teen prescription drug abuse in the U.S. Prescription drugs with potential for abuse have been designated as psychotherapeutics. Studies have shown that pain relievers are the most commonly abused prescription drugs. The increase in prescription drug abuse...