One Less Candidate
- Flotsam & Jetsam. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/13/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p22B
Provides several hilarious quotations. Chance of John Stephen in becoming an attorney general; Difference between a 'working group' and a 'blue ribbon commission'; Confirmation of the Executive Council regarding the nomination of Bill Bartlett to be interim Fish and Game director.
- Pataki Bows Out. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p35
Announces the decision of New York Governor George Pataki not to seek a fourth term in 2006 and to instead pursue the Republican party's nomination in the 2008 presidential election. Profile on Pataki; Career in politics; Indications of politics and government.
- Sex and the city. // Asia Weekly;10/13/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 40, p8
The article reports on the 2008 governatorial candidacy of Chuwit Kamolvisit, a former parlor king in Bangkok, Thailand. According to the article, Chuwit's candidacy is full of controversial issues after he elbowed a television reporter Visarn Dilokwanich as well as his admission on bribing city...
- The media's take on governor's race. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;4/17/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p11
The article focuses on the Citizens Budget Commission's this year conference on the dysfunctional nature of New York state's finances. This year's event, earlier this month, was crawling with reporters, attracted by the fact that every gubernatorial candidate would appear. It focused on how all...
- No labels in Nevada. // State Government News;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the ruling made by an attorney general in Nevada on April 5, 2000 over provision for labels issue among political candidates.
- 6 candidates vie to be next NY attorney general. Virtanen, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 187, p2
The article offers information on the six candidates for the attorney general position in New York, including Democrats state Senator Eric Schneiderman of Manhattan, Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice, former state Insurance Superintendent Eric Dinallo of Manhattan, attorney Sean...
- Blagojevich 'Unfit' to Govern: AG. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33023, p1
The article reports on the appeal of Illinois attorney general Lisa Madigan to the state's Supreme Court to either temporarily remove Governor Rod Blagojevich from office or cancel his nomination to fill the vacant senate seat. The move came after Blagojevich was arrested for using the state's...
- State Attorneys General adopt policy on nonprofits. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May97, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p19
Reports on National Association of Attorneys General's adoption of the proposal of Ohio Attorney General Betty Montgomery concerning health care organizations in the United States converting to for-profit groups.
- Moderate wins GOP gubernatorial nomination. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/14/2006, Issue 977, p29
The article reports that Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist has won the Republican nomination to replace Governor Jeb Bush. Crist defeated chief financial officer Tom Gallagher who was known as a same-sex marriage opponent. Crist will face the Democratic nominee, Jim Davis or Senator Rod...