Museum Visits Mixed
- N.Y.C. MUSEUMS. Ma, Olivia // Newsweek;7/19/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p59
Looks at a number of cultural New York museums who are hoping for a rebirth in visitors including the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, the Skyscraper Museum, the National Museum of the American Indian and others.
- Don't make museums for morons. Glancey, Jonathan // Building Design;4/17/2009, Issue 1864, p20
The author offers his observation on various museums in Great Britain. He expresses his happiness on the reopening of the Pitt Rivers Museum because of its display of important artefacts tat would interest museum visitors. Meanwhile, he criticizes the tendency of some museums to disregard...
- Modern Museums: A Visitor-Centered Approach to Doing Business. Barnett, Andrea Gail // Journal of Museum Studies;Jan2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Societal trends for museums and other cultural institutions have changed in the United States and the world. Consumers have come to expect much more activity than just passively viewing artifacts at museums or similar sites. The cultural institution mentality of "if we build it, they will come"...
- Salt Palace Visitors. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/29/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 43, p2
The article reports that the Salt Palace in Grand Saline, Texas had 159 visitors for September 2009.
- Museums at Night. // Pass (17412528);Mar2014, p8
The article discusses Museum at Night annual festival to be held through May 15-17, 2014 in Great Britain, which encourages visitors to attend special events held in museums and galleries.
- Grand Palais' Monet trumps CÃ©zanne and Picasso. M. B. // Art Newspaper;Feb2011, Issue 221, p12
The article reports that over 850,000 visitors were expected to have visited the Claude Monet retrospective at the Grand Palais in Paris, France by the time it closed on January 24, 2011.
- Cocktail Culture. Knowlton, Andrew // Bon Appetit;Apr2005, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p79
Reports on the opening of the Museum of the American Cocktail in New Orleans, Louisiana. Products featured in the museum; Programs and activities initiated in the center; Plan to publish a quarterly journal.
- MOMI Dearest. Steadman, Daniel // Big Picture Magazine;May2011, Issue 14, p24
The article offers information on creating a museum for an art. The British Film Institute opened the experimental Museum of the Moving Image (MOMI) on Southbank, London, in 1988. The museum lasted barely ten years and the surviving Museum nestled in the multi-cultural neighbourhood of Astoria...
- An Italian Phoenix. MOORE, SUSAN // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Sep2011, Vol. 174 Issue 590, p34
The article discusses the Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi, an institution directed by James Bradburne in Florence, Italy that holds art exhibitions and cultural events. The author describes the 15th-century Palazzo Strozzi building and the creation of the foundation in 2006. Other topics include the...