- Ricmond, Calif.'s Mid-Year Report Shows a Looming $35 Million Hole. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31834, p3
Reports that Richmond, California's mid-year report shows a looming $35 million budget deficit. Effect of the report on the city's credit ratings; Corrective action planned by acting city manager Jay Corey; Need to issue bonds.
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p12
The article offers news briefs related to economic activity and politics in Lithuania. The Lithuanian government is planning to cut the salaries of politicians, judges and public servant to address the budget deficit. Russia's animal and health plant agency has banned select dairy exports from...
- Munis End Week Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33194, p2
The article offers information on the financial performance of the municipal market in the U.S. in October 2009. The Municipal Market Data (MMD) triple-A scale generated 2.57% in 10 years and 3.34% in 20 years, equaling and expanding record lows. According to MMD, the triple-A municipal scale of...
- Matteson Sinks to Junk Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33774, p1
The article presents information on the investment-grade rating of the village of Matteson, Illinois by investment company Moody's Investors Service Inc. of the U.S. The downgrading of the village by the company was to the general obligation bonds and the rating was lowered to the certificated...
- Illinois Hit with S&P Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33774, p1
The article presents information on the impact of downgrading the general obligation bonds of Illinois by the financial services company Standard & Poor's Corp. of the U.S. on the state. The effect of the rating was on the pension reform and the budget deficit of the state. Information on the...
- Calif. Voters OK Historic $15B Bond. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31834, p1
Reports that Californians have overwhelmingly approved a $15-billion bond submitted to a vote by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Improvement in the state's credit ratings; Measures to reduce the budget deficit; Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to sell the bonds.
- New Jersey Placed on CreditWatch Negative by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article informs that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has placed its ratings on New Jersey's general obligation, appropriation-backed, and moral obligation debt on CreditWatch with negative implications. It mentions that S&P could lower the rating within two-three months depending on the...
- Louisiana's Quick Budget Fixes Viewed With Skepticism. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34423, p1
Recent actions by Louisiana lawmakers to close a nearly $500 million budget deficit, amid uncertainties that may lead the state to privately place its next borrowing, could to pressure on the state's credit ratings, according to Fitch Ratings.
- S&P Negative on University Community Hospital, Fla. // Bond Buyer;5/26/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33120, p2
The article reports on the outlook given by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Corp. to the Series 2008A and 1999B bonds issued to University Community Hospital Inc. (UCH) by Hillsborough County Industrial Development Authority in Florida. S&P has given a BBB long-term rating and negative forecast on the...