Service Sector Picked Up, Richmond Fed Reports
- Richmond Fed: Service Revenues Off. Sigel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p2
The article focuses on revenues of the service industry in the U.S. Services firms reported slower revenue growth and retail sales declined somewhat, on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond service-sector activity survey. Overall, the service sector...
- Central Valley shoppers put region on retail map. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/17/2002, Issue 322930, p5
Announces the results of the California Retail Survey. Information on the sales of various retail outlets in different cities; Lists of cities with high retail markets; Amount of the total income of Central Valley.
- Objectives, uses and users. // Retail Trade;Apr2015, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p65
The article offers information on the objective, uses, and users of the Monthly Retail Trade Survey (MRTS) in Canada. The MRTS intends to provide information on the performance of the retail trade industry which contributes to the country's economic condition. It estimates the level and trend...
- APPENDIX II. // Retail Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p34
Presents information related to several methodologies on retail trade. Features of the Central Frame Data Base which contains universe for the Monthly Retail Trade Survey; Review and changes made to the efficiency of the Monthly Retail Trade Survey; Data collection practices followed in Canada...
- Questionnaire design. // Retail Trade;Jul2007, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p71
The article discusses the questionnaire design used by the Monthly Retail Trade Survey (MRTS) in Canada. The questionnaires collect monthly data on retail sales and the number of trading locations by province or territory and inventories of goods owned and intended for resale from a sample of...
- Concepts, variables and classifications. // Retail Trade;May2004, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p71
Explains concepts, variables and classification used in the Monthly Retail Trade Survey of Statistics Canada. Components of the retail trade sector; Sales, trading location, and constant dollars; Definition of retail trade under the North American Industry Classification System.
- Sampling. // Retail Trade;Sep2015, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p70
The article offers information on the sampling process used by the Monthly Retail Trade Survey (MRTS) in Canada. Topics mentioned include the administrative variables used in creating the size measure such as the annual profiled revenue, the goods and services tax sales, and the declared tax...
- APPENDIX III. // Retail Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p37
Presents information related to several type of errors exist in the surveys conducted to find out statistics related to sales of retail trade. Sampling and non-sampling errors; Data response errors; Sampling error measures; Non-sampling error measures.
- Objectives, uses and users. // Retail Trade;Jun2007, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p66
The article offers information about the significance of the Monthly Retail Trade Survey (MRTS) in Canada. Accordingly, the MRTS provides statistical information concerning the sales performance of the country's retail trade sector on a monthly basis. Moreover, several organizations, sector...