More Weigh In on Changing MSRB Rule G-23
- MSRB's MA Test Advancing. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;9/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33577, p1
The article reports on the progress regarding the completion of a preliminary outline of topics for the first municipal advisor (MA) examination to be administered by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in the U.S. highlighting its plans for a two-day meeting in Alexandria, Virginia.
- MSRB Warns on Gifts. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/30/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32557, p1
The article reports on the warning of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the U.S. that underwriters and broker-dealers serving as financial advisers in municipal securities offerings may violate Rule G-20 on gifts if they pay for lavish travel and entertainment of issuer officials in...
- Many Oppose G-23 Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/18/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32300, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has received several comment letters on its Rule G-23 on dealer-financial advisers. The rule requires any dealer-financial adviser that wants to become an underwriter in a negotiated transaction to terminate its financial...
- Ellis to Replace Kilgore at MSRB; Committee Members Announced. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;10/1/2015, p1
Utah Treasurer Richard Ellis has been tapped to serve a second three-year term as a public member of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- MSRB Increases Test Fees. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;3/18/2015, p15
The article announces that municipal securities professionals who take a Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB)-owned qualifications exam on or after April 1, 2015 will be charged 150 dollars instead of the original fee of 60 dollars.
- Former JeffCo Advisor Accuses Citi of Violating G-23. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/11/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F340, p1
The article focuses on the statement of a former financial advisor for the Jefferson County, Alabama, who sates that the Citigroup Inc., the investment bank has selected to lead Jefferson County, Alabama, out of bankruptcy, thus violating municipal securities rules. It further mentions that the...
- MSRB to Discuss Draft Rules on Best Execution, MA Compliance, Fees. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;1/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F304, p1
The article offers information on a meeting of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to be held in Atlanta, Georgia from January 29-31, 2014, which will feature draft rules on best execution standard for broker-dealers, compliance requirements and fees for municipal advisors.
- Broker-Dealers Blast G-44. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;6/28/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33540, p1
The article reports on the reaction of financial broker-dealers in the U.S. on the proposed G-44 Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rule. It is inferred that the proposed rule would create a two-tiered system which would impose stricter requirements to municipal advisers at broker-dealers...
- MSRB Seeks Comment on Rule G- 11, Files Technical Changes. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p4
The article reports on the public comment request of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) regarding the syndicate practice provisions of its Rule G-11 in the U.S. According to the author, the board wanted to know the implications of the securities provisions as well as the...